“Food, atmosphere, service were fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Koi Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Brooklyn, New York
“Food, atmosphere, service were fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Food - my favorites are the chicken and broccoli and seafood fried rice. I'm from NYC and have been to dozens of restaurants in Chinatown and Flushing and I've never had a better version of chicken and broccoli. They use good quality ingredients and don't skimp on the portions. The seafood fried rice is modernized. They cook the rice with roe and it is sooooooo delicious.

Atmosphere is outstanding... like being in an old, classy Chinese casino from the 70's. Love the waterfall and huge Koi murals on the walls.

Service - Over the course of a year, I have been to Koi probably 10 times both for in-house dining and takeout. I have never experienced bad service. Obviously I think this place gets pretty busy during holidays, but normally everyone is above and beyond nice.

All in all definitely one of the best dining options in the Berkshires. This place is a great local, family run business... happy it's around :)

• Visited March 2013

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Wow, this was pretty good Chinese food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We rolled in here after skiing one evening over MLK weekend, and were pleasantly surprised. The place has a swanky feel that suggests a more inventive menu. However, it's your basic Chinese fare, but quite fresh, flavorful, and varied. A huge step up from the ubiquitous Chinese place that has let us all down. Would definitely go back if we come back here to sk

Visited January 2013
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fave restaurant in area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am from NYC, but my girlfriend's family lives in the Berkshires. We try to always make it a point to get to Koi whenever we are visiting. This place is seriously good. I've eaten all over Chinatown, and some of the dishes here rival anything you can get in the city. Plus, the decor is awesome - kind of hard to describe, but it's interesting and cool, especially for the area!

Specifically, I would recommend to anyone the Sichuan dumpling appetizer - they are a must get. I wake up thinking about them. I wish I weren't in Brooklyn now, so I could get them tonight!

For entrees, the chicken and broccoli and the general tso's are both best in category. Beyond those standard options, I love love love the seafood fried rice. The flavor is incredible, and the seafood portion is super generous. Don't know how they make any money on that dish, but hey.

I try to experiment with the menu too (last time I went I got the duck special - not sure what it was called but it was superb), but the above are my sure-fire faves.

And if you feel like letting loose a little, the Mai Tai's are killer too!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Machoberg
los angeles
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Ordered takeout on Sunday evening last week. The General Tsao chicken was bland and not spicy at all. Pineapple chicken was ok. The best part was the wonton soup which came with a very large container of hot Chinese mustard. Very pricy for the quality of the food.

Boston
“1 1/2 hours before we got our food and then it was just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Granted the dining room was full but we could barely flag down a waiter to come help us.... We waited 90 minutes between sitting down at our table and actually getting our dinners. The crunchy noodles were tasty but mainly because they were full of salt and grease. The food was pretty fresh but kind of flavorless. And the portions were not particularly generous. Also, the mooshu came with only two pancakes (we were a party of eight!).

The decor was nice. The dining room was big and well-lit. And the bathrooms were really clean.

It seems to be a popular enough restaurant but they need to work on their service big-time.

• Visited December 2012