“We wanted to like it...”

Cafe Adam Restaurant
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A chef owned destination restaurant featuring local ingrdient driven cuisine. Award winning wine list, full bar, outdoor seating, special events, and large parties can be accomodated. Menu features homemade pasta, raw oysters, extensive native wild fish dishes, house smoked salmon, and in-house pastry chef. The restaurant is owned by Berkshire Native Chef Adam Zieminski and was established in 2006. In it's new location there multiple dining rooms and an open kitchen. We suggest reservations for both brunch and dinner.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stopped on our way to Monument Mountain for a hike. We almost left several times. The first time is we walked in and no one acknowledged us. Four waitstaff walked passed us, including the three who asked us to excuse them so they could go out to the porch, without telling us that someone would be with us. We waited such a long time, the person behind us asked if we needed to wait to be seated. Finally, we were seated. We almost walked out again while it took a long time for our server to get to us. She did not greet us just simply asked, "What would you like?" Everyone looked harried and stressed. No one smiled. It took a long time for our food to come out. Two people seated after us got their food first. I ordered gazpacho, which was very good, but there was quite a lull between finishing it and receiving my salmon toast. It was also very good. My boyfriend ordered a burger. It was very, very small, over done and dry. All we drank was water because no one asked if we wanted any other drinks and since it was taking so long, we just went with that. The water tasted really bad. It was like drinking a swimming pool. Obviously, it was straight tap water with no filtration.While I liked the food, I thought considering the service, it was over priced. We do not plan to stop there again.

2  Thank Marianna B

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a great meal. The restaurant has a cozy and intimate feel. Specials are written on a blackboard which is part of one wall panel. We had two wonderful dishes- salad with strawberries, beets, yogurt- great blending of tastes. I had a striped bass with a beet vinaigrette. I never though beets could taste this good. Food is attractively presented. The wines list is small but adequate and reasonably priced. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went to Cafe Adam for lunch based on the recommendation of our hotel (see our review in the Comfort Inn). It's exactly what we were looking for. Trendy atmosphere, about 15 tables inside and 6 outside, upscale casual (i.e. you feel like you're at the hot spot in shorts and a t-shirt). They have a fun and light menu with fresh ingredients and great atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, you can eat on the heavy side too, but we opted for the smoked salmon and avocado and lobster and crab rolls. Not the best lobster rolls I've ever had, but it hit the spot. We went for a late lunch (2pm) so it wasn't crowded, but the service was a little slow. That said we loved it this place and would go back. I think Cafe Adam is in a class by itself in the area.

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I've always wanted to like this place because it's in a convenient location. The service is not great. While the food is good, not great, it's never seems to be consistent, very expensive relative to other good food in town, and overall it's nothing special. Also I feel that the place is cramped and always at one temperature extreme or another. I'd recommend Fiori's.

2  Thank URTraveller
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our meal here. Both the hangar steak and salmon entrees were excellent. Sat next to a friendly retired couple. We would definitely go back.

1  Thank smmarshall_ca