Baldwin Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast
Days Inn Great Barrington(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$109
$75
Fairfield Inn & Suites Great Barrington Lenox/Berkshires(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$144
Monument Mountain Motel(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$70
Briarcliff Motel(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotwire.com
Mountain View Motel(Great Barrington)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Wind in the Pines(Great Barrington)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I was really looking forward to our visit to the Berkshires, unfortunately this B&B was not at all what I expected.

First, the room was very small. Tiny. The bathroom was even smaller. Shower had no tub and didn't appear to be particularly clean. The bed was advertised as a queen-size, but seemed smaller. I would expect that a B&B would, at the very least, make the bed each day, empty the trash can, and/or mildly clean the bathroom. Did not happen. The last thing I want to do is make my own bed, when I am paying to stay at a B&B.

The breakfast was only available between 8 and 8:30am and was not tasty. Not a lot of healthy options. No oatmeal or yogurt. Poached eggs were essentially hardboiled, however waffles and pancakes and coffee were OK. My significant other and I overheard the owner's wife whispering quite loudly about us while making the breakfast, which we found to be a little bit rude, frankly. We weren't exactly sure what they were saying, but it seems like they could have waited until we left to gossip.

Also, this B&B is very far outside the main activity spots (Tanglewood, etc) in the Berkshires, so it was a long drive to do anything (get dinner, go shopping, go to Tanglewood, etc).

On the plus side, there is a small outdoor pool, which is a nice amenity. They say it is heated, however it did not feel heated to me. It was not entirely clean... a few leaves, which I didn't mind too much, and it worked for swimming and sitting outside.

I have stayed at 4 B&Bs over the past few years and have really enjoyed all of them except for this one. We tried to make the best of it, but in truth, I really regret choosing to stay at this B&B and would strongly discourage anyone from visiting here. I tried to be fair in reviewing the place and point out some positives, but generally I did not feel like I was treated like a guest or customer. There was no romance, no charm. The place was just very small, not cleanest, no service, no amenities. Definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank extraoverflow
Mommarazzi, Family at Baldwin Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2012

We are very sorry to hear that Baldwin Hill Farm did not meet your expectations. We are a fifth generation farm and have been a Bed and Breakfast since 1989. While the farm is not in the center of town, many of our guests prefer and enjoy Baldwin Hill Farm precisely for that reason.

The farm is set on over 200 acres with hilltop views to all sides, away from the busy main roads. Downtown Great Barrington is only a 10-minute drive down the hill and Tanglewood is only about a 30-minute drive.

During your stay, we believe you stayed in the Bay Window room, which is 13 feet by 16 with an additional 9-foot bay window area. The bathroom is small, but it was installed with consideration given to preserving the architecture of the century farmhouse; giving guests the option of another private bath and shower. The guest portion of the house is over 3500 square feet, and we have never had comments that the house seemed small. We regularly clean each room, and we have not had any concerns expressed by any other guests related to the cleanliness of rooms.

While we are a Bed and Breakfast, we like to give our guests as much privacy as possible. It is true that we do not have a service staff, and we usually tell our guests that we do not go into their rooms except to close the windows at the beginning of a rainstorm. We apologize for not making this clear to you.

Our breakfasts are served from a menu that varies by season, and includes fruit as a first course, a variety of pancakes, French toast, eggs, toast or English Muffins, bacon or sausage, as well as a variety of cereal and juices. We follow food safety standards relating to preparing eggs. Oatmeal and other hot cereals are served in the winter, and yogurt is available upon request. Breakfast is available weekdays from 8:00 to 8:30 AM each weekday morning, and from 8:30 to 9:30 AM on weekends. We will adjust those times for our guests upon request, and once again we apologize if this was not made clear.

The hosts do plan their day while they are cooking and serving the breakfasts, and if the guests are mentioned it is because we do not want maintenance activities to intrude on our guests’ stay.

The 20 by 40 foot pool has views of the mountains and fields, and we are glad that you enjoyed sitting outside. The pool is maintained at a temperature range between the upper 70’s and lower 80’s when guests are present. Since there are trees and gardens around the pool, it is difficult to keep leaves out, even if the pool is cleaned daily.

It would have been helpful if we had known of your concerns so we could have promptly addressed any issues you may have had. We strive to give guests a comfortable and pleasant experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
Quincy, MA
Reviewed June 25, 2006

My fiance and I visited the beautiful Baldwin Hill Farm B&B from 6/23/06 to 6/25/06. By the time Sunday came around, we didn't want to leave!

Not only is Baldwin Hill Farm B&B convenient and blessed with gorgeous 360 degree views, but it also has the friendliest, most accomodating proprietors I've ever met! They make sure that their guests have everything they could possibly need.

When you come to Baldwin Hill, you are made to feel at home. The proprietors - Richard and Priscilla Burdsall - are good people with an excellent sense of humor, who really know how to tell a story! They are also a fount of information on attractions and activities in the area.

The Baldwin Hill Farm B&B has beautiful guest rooms with excellent beds. It also has gorgeous public rooms, including a living room complete with TV and a choice of about a zillion DVDs, a game room with games, a piano, and a beautiful stone fireplace; and a large lovely sun porch. There is also a swimming pool for a refreshing dip, and woods in which to walk. When you come to Baldwin Hill Farm B&B, you are guaranteed not to be bored! You will leave wishing you didn't have to, and already be thinking of coming back!

• Stayed: June 2006