“A Natural Sense of Ecstasy!”

The Inn at Sweet Water Farm
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I can not decide what I enjoyed most at the Inn at Sweet Water Farm. Not sure if it was the fresh hen eggs, delicious local sausage and quince tartlet (made by Lynda), the gourmet chocolates on the pillow, complementary cocktails and wine by the fireplace, eclectic music and books or Lynda and Andrei’s company that made my stay at their Inn a satisfying treat! If those indulgences weren’t enough, the sweet mineral water and plush new bedding coupled with books and serenity surely did add to natural sense of ecstasy the environment at the Inn was responsible for. My boyfriend and I stayed in room 6 which had its own temperature gauge, private bathroom, books and complemented the overall cozy environment of the Inn. It’s clear to me that Lynda and Andrei truly take pride and enjoy nurturing their guests and sharing their space – they never gave me the impression that anyone staying with them was “just a guest” but rather a friend. Their business also inspired me to find what I truly desire from life and to go out and get it! Well done to you both, I can hardly wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Sweet Water Farm

Reviewed November 3, 2009

I went there with my girlfriend for a relaxing stay and it was all that and more. The food was, in a word, fantastic. The locally grown eggs were delicious as was the sausage and even the coffee rivaled my favorite brew. Breakfast is the best meal of the day in my opinion and theirs was really great. I'm not much for sweets, but I even loved the chocolate torte Lynda made. The hospitality was amazing and the proprietors themselves were very friendly and warm - as if I had known them my entire life. You can tell Lynda and Andrei really enjoy sharing the Inn with their guests. Our room was quite cozy and made for a relaxing stay. The Inn was a treat for the senses with something to examine in every corner, the smell of fresh cooked meals in the air and a fireplace that just wrapped up the entire experience. I would definitely recommend this to others seeking a stay in the Berkshires and I absolutely plan to return there.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed at this B & B in mid October and were delighted with our lovely comfortable room. We had been in touch with Lynda before our trip and she was very helpful.

During our trip both Lynda and Andrei were warm and friendly and helped us map routes, and gave us good suggestions.

We would definitely stay here again!!'

Breakfast was yummy!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

This is a wonderfully comfortable inn with really really amazingly good breakfasts. The owners are friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. The inn has chickens (real fresh eggs!) and cats.

The decor feels homey while avoiding the cloying cutseyness that plagues so many New England B&Bs. It's a comfortable but not super high end experience - nice big towels and a local fancy soap (goat boy, I liked it so much I bought some) yes, jacuzzis no.

It's on a main road but in a quiet corner of the Berkshires - there is no road noise. Great Barrington and Stockbridge are about 10 and 20 minutes away respectively. There are a couple very good restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2009

My mother and I stayed here early October during a 2 week road trip through New England. It was truly one of the most memorable b&b's, and one of my favorites. We were first greeted by Andrei, who prepared us tea and a New England cold preventer (a type of warming and soothing brandy). The place was so cozy, we spent the evening by the fire with the two cats, and just talked and drank. Breakfast was amazing, as Andrei's wife used to be a restaurant cook, and everything she makes is fantastic! My mom had a crepe that she said was the best she'd ever eaten, and that's saying a lot, because we both love food. You can also browse the myriad of cookbooks or sample the home-made spring water at the inn. I wish we had been able to stay longer than a night, but I'm sure we will next time we come to the area! My only complaint was that they needed new comforters, because the ones we had were a little thin...Other than that, it was a highlight of our trip!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2009

The Inn at Sweet Water Farm is really a delightful place to stay. The owners are warm, friendly and so helpful. The rooms are comfortable and adorable and the breakfast was AMAZING! Definitely a place I will stay again, with pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed October 13, 2009

The Inn at Sweet Water Farm was simply delightful! Lynda and Andrei, our hosts, made us feel right at home. They made a 5th wedding anniversary perfect! Breakfast is to die for, the rooms are comfortable, and the service is personalized! We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Days Inn Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
#5 of 10 in Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#3 of 10 in Great Barrington
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Windflower Inn
Windflower Inn
#2 of 12 in Great Barrington

Been to The Inn at Sweet Water Farm? Share your experiences!