“Peaceful, relaxing vacation”

The Inn at Sweet Water Farm
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Sweet Water Farm for a long weekend in July. Everything was perfect! The rooms are cozy, clean, and comfortable, with beautiful line-dried sheets, an ample supply of the artesian water from which the inn takes its name, and wonderful organic soaps. I expected that in such a small inn, we would be able to hear everyone, but I hardly heard a peep--just some footsteps on the nearby stairs. We awoke each morning to the smell of coffee and something delicious cooking downstairs. Breakfast is a real treat--Lynda is a fantastic and inventive cook, and there are a range of options each day, plus an assortment of homemade croissants, scones, etc. One morning we had sausage from a farmer friend that was FedEx'ed to them. Another day, after having talked about a local Mexican restaurant, when I mentioned that I had never tasted mole, Lynda whipped up summer squash mole breakfast tacos with handmade corn tortillas. Scrumptious! The location feels remote, which was exactly what we were looking for, but it's no more than 20 minutes or so to Lenox and other destinations. There are many fantastic restaurants nearby, and Lynda is quick with recommendations. All in all, a wonderful experience, and I can't wait to go back next summer--if not sooner.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 6, which was lovely. There is a bit of street traffic, though, and there is a coun...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debring

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed with another couple at the Inn at Sweetwater Farm over the 2nd part of the split July 4th holiday weekend. Very conveniently located, especially when travelling from NYC area. The rooms were large, clean, and cozy (and air conditioned). And there was a nice carafe of sweet water in the room. That was good, but we preferred the complimentary Port and Lemoncello in the living room. There was other liquor as well. And fresh cherries. It's a great home base for activities and we were quite active with hiking. I recommend the North face of Bash Bish falls- the trail is pretty steep so not for everyone- more like moutain climbing at times. The breakfasts were ridiculous. Fresh blackberry scones, grits with lobster, and Lynda's version of eggs benedict with tomatoes and fresh cheeses and local bacon and who knows what else. All I know is my buddy kept saying he really "crushed it" with his order and "hit a grand slam," over and over again. Lynda and Andrei were very nice and helpful and spent plenty of time explaining how chicken eggs get fertilized, before they're served. I would highly recommend the Inn at Sweetwater Farm.

Room Tip: If you're picky about bathrooms or shades on windows let the owners know. Some rooms apparently...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Hman8
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I have just returned home after spending a lovely weekend at The Inn at Sweet Water Farm. Close enough to Tanglewood (we had tickets to the 75th Anniversary Concert) and local sites, the inn makes one feel they are really getting away from “the hustle and bustle” of daily life. From our arrival, we felt welcomed by the innkeepers. Andrei met us when we arrived late on Friday evening and showed us to our room, where we found a bottle of cool mineral water from the inn’s artesian well and local chocolates on our pillows awaiting us. Breakfast each morning was 5-star and included fresh-squeezed orange juice, homemade pastries and a choice of entrees made with local breads, cheeses, bacon, vegetables and fruits and eggs from their own chickens! Yankee Magazine was quite right to name the best inn for foodies. Unfortunately, my husband became ill over the weekend and both Andrei and Lynda tended to his needs, with homemade chicken broth, ginger tea and a medicinal shot of Russian vodka! We so enjoyed ourselves that we now plan to make a summer weekend trip to the inn an annual event. Thank you for sharing your home with us!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning of June and arrived in the late afternoon/early evening to an exceptionally warm welcome from Lynda. We were invited to relax in the living room with some wine or to enjoy our wine in our room while we settled in before leaving for dinner. The room (#5) was spacious, spotless and bright. The bed and bedding were very comfortable. ... And the WATER - we could not drink enough of it, so delicious. We'd read other reviews raving about the water and didn't take them seriously enough because we should have listened and brought a few jugs to fill and bring home!
Breakfast the next morning was beyond our expectations. First, we were given choices - that in itself is unusual. The sausage (homemade by Andrei) was excellent as was the rest of our meal served at a beautifully set table. Coffee was ready early in the morning and put on the buffet with some fresh cheese, meats and pastries to hold us over (ha!) until breakfast time.
In your room are a few informational pieces that are done with the same attention to detail as you see in the rest of the inn. We took one of their recommended walks through the countryside after breakfast and came back to refresh ourselves with more of that "sweet water" before leaving for our trip home.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had a wonderful time in Lynda and Andrei home. We had known many other B&B but this one is the best we had been. My daughter loved it. The rooms are clean, comfortable and cozy. The breakfast is the best. Suculent, unique and delicious. The location and surrounder allowed us to have a nice run, swim in a lake, and all local. We loved it. Can't wait to go back there. Thank you Lynda and Andrie for allowing us to have such as nice time.

Room Tip: Rooms are quit and clean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We are two well-traveled couples who tried a variety of other b&b's in the Berkshires before discovering the Inn at Sweet Water Farm. We have never looked back! Lynda and Andrei extend a warm welcome. The inn is charming and comfortable but not fussy. There's plenty of room to sit and chat for hours indoors or out. The breakfasts are amazing -- Lynda produces a variety of home-baked goodies every day, omelets with eggs and vegetables from their own backyard, homemade jams and freshly squeezed juices. In the evening you can enjoy port or limoncello by the fireplace. The rooms are comfortable and you are pampered with lovely linens and toiletries. Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank artsfan
Reviewed June 15, 2012

When I first read the reviews for this bed and breakfast, I was skeptical. No one gets perfect reviews, even if they deserve them. I suspected a stacked deck! ;-)

This Inn does get excellent reviews, and it definitely deserves them. The hosts are gracious, serving food to your table, and handling any other request you may have. The room we stayed in was perfect; the breakfast was too delicious (I wish I ate more but couldn't -- and I don't typically eat breakfast!). I will return as soon as I can!

In short, I highly recommend this as "the" place to stay in the Berkshires.

Room Tip: We stayed in the only room on the first floor. It was large, quiet, and I would definitely ask for...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jazzafcionado
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
#4 of 10 in Great Barrington
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#3 of 10 in Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Windflower Inn
Windflower Inn
#1 of 12 in Great Barrington

Been to The Inn at Sweet Water Farm? Share your experiences!