“Habanero ne plus ultra”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lime Kiln Road
Description: We at Route 7 Grill are proud to be providing fresh, local food to our Berkshire neighbors and friends. All of our meats are naturally raised from local farms or small family farms. We hope that our close relationship with these farmers have some positive effect in preserving local farming traditions. Everything we serve, including stocks, soups, dressings & desserts are made here from scratch. Our philosophy is inspired by Berkshire Grown, as well as the farm-to-table movement. The restaurant, nestled in the Housatonic river valley of the Southern Berkshires offers a full service dining room and full bar. We're located on historic Route 7 south of Great Barrington in the shadow of June Mountain We also offer a second dining room concept - including Raw Bar, Charcuterie & Tasting menus. Call for details!
“Habanero ne plus ultra”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The wings are amazing, the staff friendly and there is no better place to spend a chilly fir nite
Best

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Peter G

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Three of us ate and drank a lot and everything was incredible - especially the pate, the merguez, the ribeye, the pie, and the Guinness chocolate cake. Even the decaf coffee was great. Can't recommend it enough!

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanksgiving Day”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

So wrong on so many levels. Still reeling from the experience in front of my family. Honestly I would have rather worked on Thanksgiving. Our first time at The Route 7 Grill will definitely be our last. I am writing this review at 3AM because I woke up and it's still bothering me.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Baboo2365
Rt7Grill, Owner at Route 7 Grill, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Sorry to hear you were disappointed - I wish you had said something to me during your time here. Please contact me directly - lester@route7grill.com - so I can understand what was not to your liking. Thank you, Lester
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“I regret raving and introducing this restaurant”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have been previous fans of this restaurant, but we will never be back. 5 people came to diner and things have changed. Minimal menus choices WAY over priced, and device was lacking. There was only 2 other tables in the restaurant. We are bummed we lost a good restaurant in the berkshires.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dcollins777
Rt7Grill, Owner at Route 7 Grill, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for the review.
I'm sorry you are not finding our changes to fill your needs. We are definitely pushing harder on the local farm-to-table concept. It has been very positive to have fresh food every day & a menu that changes every day. Most of our customers have found this exciting to their notion of dining as well as their tastebuds. This is not an inexpensive undertaking although we have never been inexpensive.
New York City
“For a longggg leisurely dinner”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had my second dinner at the route 7 grill last night, October 19. The menu is surprisingly upscale for the road house look of the place from the outside. Inside it is warm and inviting especially with a fire going. Certainly a good place to go for a drink. There are a variety of food choices, from roast chicken ($18) to veal chop ($39) to burgers. No tablecloths or place mats, so theres a bit of a disconnect. The food was tasty, but the service was so slow that dinner took almost 2 1/2 hours. Appetizers came fairly promptly, but it took forever for our main courses. Our waitress was pleasant but untrained. Our dirty plates remained on the table after she served us coffee, which was cold. The place was busy, so perhaps my experience is not always the case. See for yourself.

• Visited October 2013
Rt7Grill, Owner at Route 7 Grill, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for your review!
I am thrilled that you enjoyed the food.
We now change the menu daily and the prices reflect what is in the day's offering. Local, highest quality & delicious food is what we are striving for.

I apologize for the slow service - certainly we aim to provide food in a timely manner.
Lester