“Good service...mediocre food”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We LOVE Mexican food and were excited to try this place as it appeared to be authentic Mexican. We had GREAT service but the food left much to be desired. The food tasted as if it was made ahead of time and then microwaved when it is to be served. My husband enjoys guacamole and said theirs was lacking.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Ok, let me start by stating that this restaurant is totally abusing the customers. I am Mexican and I know that anywhere you go in Mexico, even at the poorest Fonda, you will get free chips, salsa and tortillas. It will be like going to an American restaurant and being charged $2.00 for a 4oz cup of ketchup!. I was never told the salsas I ordered had a charge. I also wasn't told the extra serving of tortilla chips had a cost of $1.00. If I have been told that I wouldn't have ordered them. On top of this abuse the chips were not even original. But the worst insult I received as coming from the land were "Carnitas" are born, is to receive a dish that had nothing to do with Carnitas and that they were served without tortillas. Just for you to understand how big of an insult this was is like ordering a hamburger and getting a patty in your plate without the buns. So obviously my first reaction to the waiter, who happened to be Mexican, was: "donde están las tortillas", you can't eat carnitas without tortillas!!! Well I don't have to tell you how infuriated I was when they brought the check and I saw that the tortillas were also charged. Nothing we ordered was prepared as you will find it in Mexico. I guess you can say that the Chef likes to experiment. But then it should be a Mexican fusion place. I am not coming back.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Good Ambiance and good food - Nice selection of good food. 6 people in our party, and everyone's food from appetizer to desert (including drinks) was a home run. Great alternative to the rather mundane choices in the area

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was shocked to see anything but a stellar review, they must like tex-mex and not the real stuff! The food was out of this world and I am a Mexican food snob! The guacamole was the best I have ever had. The seasonings were perfect especially the perfect amount of cilantro. The Bella (basic) margarita was perfectly tart. I visit this area an average of 4 times a year and I will dine here every time in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Terrific food! Wonderful guacamole! Chef is exceptional with sauces. This man can cook! Very enjoyable!