“Excellent”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Ordered the Chicken Fajita for lunch. It was delicious.See the pic I took. As other reviewers have said, the portions are small for the price you pay. My fajita came with only one tortilla. I went with three other people and we all liked our food. My friend ordered the quesadilla and it was only half of one. We did not get complimentary chips like most mexican restaurants I've been to. Our waiter was very nice and did a good job. It was too hot to sit outside on the porch.

Seaforth, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love The Mexican Food”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here on June 21/13 and loved the experience! We don't often have access to Mexican food, so took full advantage of the opportunity. The Mexican beer and Margarita got us off to a good start, along with the chips and salsa. We both chose chicken enchilada as an entree, and found it flavoured to our taste - yum! For dessert, my husband opted for rice pudding and I had gelato, both good choices. The service was good, with a friendly waitress who helped us negotiate the menu. We especially enjoyed eating on the very colourful (and very clean) porch, and appreciated the white linens and comfortable chairs. The only disadvantage was the proximity to the traffic which, of course, didn't affect the flavour of our food. We'll be back the next time we're in the area.

“You have to eat here”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you know anything about Mexican food or tequila, you have to eat here. Drive out of your way at least an hour - eat here. If you know Topolobampo in Chicago that started it all, this is your T. in the northeast. We loved our customized tequila tasting, service was great, food delicious, (no real view unless you're into powerlines). We sat on the porch eying the comfy outdoor couches. Go - and go back! I rated it expensive simply because we wanted to try so much.

Manhattan
“Great Food in a Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Coming from NYC we are used to some pretty good Mexican food but this place is right up there with the best of them! If you like a bit of spice in your drink don't miss the Diablo Margarita. Last time here I had a Halibut fish special which was to die for. Didn't leave a bite on the plate.

Visited June 2013
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Don't get your Hand Stuck to the Door!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Perhaps when you go to open the main door and feel the dirtiness and stickiness of the door you should turn around then before it gets worse. My friend and I decided to give this place one more chance since neither of us really liked it a couple of years ago. We should have learned our lesson then but now we know that we will never return. As I approached my seat I looked down and noticed I had a very dirty linen napkin that contained the silverware. I was quite appalled and moved the napkin away from me and the manager came over and began to roll it back up and put it in front of me. It was very obvious that it was filthy. My friend kindly asked for a new setting for me. I decided to use the restroom to wash my hand from the dirty entrance door and noticed the sludge behind the beautiful sink. Filth is a turnoff and I began to hope that the kitchen was clean. They served us a very small basket of chips and salsa with no plates. It was the smallest basket of chips that I've seen in a restaurant. The chips were small and broken and the salsa was very basic. We had read the reviews and were expecting a wait but the food came out very quickly and not hot. It didn't seem freshly prepared. I ordered fajitas and everything came out on a very still plate. They wrapped two shells up in a napkin. The shells were not warm. It was the oddest fajita that I've ever experienced. The prices in this establishment are very high for the portions and the quality of food. We had a buy one get one free coupon from the Entertainment Card. This coupon was the only reason that we decided to come back and give the restaurant a second try. When we went to pay our bill the server came back and told us that they were no longer taking the coupons. She was very nice and it wasn't her fault. We asked to see the manager but he could have cared less about the situation. He just said no and he shook his head as he smiled. This place is dirty and contains dishonest owners/managers. Never again will we visit Xicohtencati!!!!

Visited June 2013