“Great Food in a Beautiful Setting”
Review of Xicohtencatl

Xicohtencatl
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Manhattan
“Great Food in a Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Coming from NYC we are used to some pretty good Mexican food but this place is right up there with the best of them! If you like a bit of spice in your drink don't miss the Diablo Margarita. Last time here I had a Halibut fish special which was to die for. Didn't leave a bite on the plate.

Visited June 2013

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Don't get your Hand Stuck to the Door!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Perhaps when you go to open the main door and feel the dirtiness and stickiness of the door you should turn around then before it gets worse. My friend and I decided to give this place one more chance since neither of us really liked it a couple of years ago. We should have learned our lesson then but now we know that we will never return. As I approached my seat I looked down and noticed I had a very dirty linen napkin that contained the silverware. I was quite appalled and moved the napkin away from me and the manager came over and began to roll it back up and put it in front of me. It was very obvious that it was filthy. My friend kindly asked for a new setting for me. I decided to use the restroom to wash my hand from the dirty entrance door and noticed the sludge behind the beautiful sink. Filth is a turnoff and I began to hope that the kitchen was clean. They served us a very small basket of chips and salsa with no plates. It was the smallest basket of chips that I've seen in a restaurant. The chips were small and broken and the salsa was very basic. We had read the reviews and were expecting a wait but the food came out very quickly and not hot. It didn't seem freshly prepared. I ordered fajitas and everything came out on a very still plate. They wrapped two shells up in a napkin. The shells were not warm. It was the oddest fajita that I've ever experienced. The prices in this establishment are very high for the portions and the quality of food. We had a buy one get one free coupon from the Entertainment Card. This coupon was the only reason that we decided to come back and give the restaurant a second try. When we went to pay our bill the server came back and told us that they were no longer taking the coupons. She was very nice and it wasn't her fault. We asked to see the manager but he could have cared less about the situation. He just said no and he shook his head as he smiled. This place is dirty and contains dishonest owners/managers. Never again will we visit Xicohtencati!!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Remycub
Mamaroneck, New York
“Great Mexican”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Truly fabulous food. The outdoor porch is a summer paradise. Only issue is the service can be very, very slow. So sit back, sip your Margarita and enjoy the scenery.

Visited August 2012
Maryland
“WAY OVERPRICED!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I visited the Berkshires for the first time and we went to this place for dinner our second night there as we both like Mexican food. We were astonished. The prices were EXTREMELY high. Every Mexican restaurant I have ever been too has been a GREAT VALUE for the money and I have been to several authentic places. The basket of chips they brought out were a joke, only a handful and honestly didn't taste very good. The salsa was fresh, but not spicy. We ended up ordering one appetizer and had water to drink. The appetizer tasted good, but the prices were ridiculous. We were extremely disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
Stockbridge, Massachusetts
“We travel in Central America and Mexico,are Vegaterians.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you like VERY fresh authentic food, a great atmosphere and service then this is a must do treat in the Berkshires... Please INDULGE yourself. Gabriel has out done himself with his Restaurant. All food is bought locally.(Veges,Fruit,Meat,Cheese)
The Staff welcomes you as if you are family coming to their home. You can sit on their beautiful Verandah filled with flowers or a quiet meal inside by candle light. The best of the best, many meat and vegetarian choices. Not to mention the best guacamole while you wait for your wonderful meal. I love the Shitake Mushroom dish. But then the list is endless too many to name. If you are having a BDay or know some one they out do them selves with a Beautiful Sombrero and the staff singing Happy Bday. Treat yourselves sooner than later. We can't wait to go back. All of our guest from out of Town or Country still rave about their dinning experience we took them to while visiting the Berkshires at Xicohtencatl...

• Visited May 2013