“Funky Restaurant in Great Barrington”
Review of Baba Louie's

Baba Louie's
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Consistently good over the years. Value and excellence verified by no reservations crowd always there. Try the pizza.

Reviewed July 21, 2009

We were camping this weekend in Copake falls and headed to the Great Barrington Location on Sunday for lunch. I had the Isabella Pizzarella on the gluten free crust, it was absolutely amazing. I shared my pizza with others at the table, and they couldn't tell that the crust was gluten free. It is fluffier than the other crust, and had more of a foccacia bread consistency, but the taste was incredible. The atmosphere is fun, and the food is amazing!!

Reviewed October 14, 2008

We kinda ran into this place on accident when strolling through Great Barrington. Sure enough I get home check Trip advisor and its listed as the highest rated restaurant in Great Barrington. Another example of how good Trip Advisor is. Back to the pizza. It was Columbus Day weekend; Monday lunch time so there was a wait. We ordered a Cole Creations to go. It had fresh mozzarella, arugula, feta, plum tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette. Without a doubt the best pizza ever. No questions asked! You got to try it!

1  Thank kunman
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Who would've thought that this little town in the Berkshires has some of the best pizza in the world. I started with a salad that consisted of spring mix, toasted pecans, candied figs and apricots and the creamiest balsamic dressing I've ever had.

The combinations of ingredients on each pizza was crafted by someone with a great palate. Don't deviate or subsitute, roll with what's offered on the speciality pizzas. The crust could be eaten alone, it's that good.

We ate here three times during our stay and even took some to go while we road back admiring the foliage. Be prepared, there's always a line to get in, but well worth it.

Yeah, I'm a foodie. I like to eat at Michelin 3 star restaurants in Europe or get street food in China. I've cooked in France, Hong Kong and all around. Trust me, the pizza's the best here. Bon appetite!

2  Thank suegator
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I worked in a pizza shop for several years and I've tried pizza everywhere from Boston to Bangkok and I'll keep looking, but I can't imagine I will ever find a better pizza on the planet--nevermind an organic vegetarian pizza. We started with the red bean soup, which was really well done with just a hint of spice and a little smoky flavor. Our pizza was the Pomodoro Bianco, which was a white pizza with mozzarella, parmesan, portabello, tomato slices, pesto, chevre (a topping not the main cheese), onions, and roasted garlic. The balance of the flavors was fantastic and obviously very well thought out. I was skeptical about the goat cheese, but it was very mellow and melted into the flavors to add a wonderful creaminess. The crust was just as good, crisp in the right places, soft in the right places, and very flavorful. The service and look of the place match the food really well. It really was just a perfect dinner.

3  Thank Kathygnome