“try the B.L in Pittsfield!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Baba Louie's

Baba Louie's
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albany, New York
“try the B.L in Pittsfield!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

the Pittsfield B.Louies has the nicest staff anywhere and a lovely spacious, richly colored environment with mahogany bar in the back. really good salads too!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kalikajane

Philadelphia, PA
“unique pizza in the Berkshires”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

First trip to the Berkshires. First good meal on my trip. Loved the pizza with sweet potatoes and fennel and balsamic. Wine was good, not great. Salad (dressing on the side) was huge and fresh and much-appreciated. Sad to leave as I figured I'd never have their pizza again...Then, a few weeks later, found myself in the area again, much to my surprise! Made it a point to go back for another slice of that fabulous pizza. Almost as good the second time. You know how sometimes the dough seems fresher than other times? Had that experience but the toppings were as fresh and delicious as the first time. Same with the salad.

The atmosphere is simple, and yes, like others, I did wait for service, but to me, in a place like that, that's just one of those "first world problems" not worth complaining about...I'm just happy to be able to have such unique and delicious pizza when I am far away from home and far from the other creature comforts that I've become so used to living in a metro area.

Can't wait to find myself at Baba Louie's again! Wonder what other combos they have that I might like to try...

• Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just had lunch at the great Barrington location. Will keep the review short and sweet. Go there and enjoy great pizza!!! You can split the specialty pizzas on the small and get two wonderful tastebud delights on one sourdough pie!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow, wow, and more wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I have the waistline, unfortunately, to prove that I know my pizza. I'm working on that though. In the meantime I have to say that Baba Louie's pizza is amaaaaazing. The sourdough crust was awesome, the sauce and cheese were terrific. Just really really delicious. Awesome. Get the large salad to help you digest the pizza and convince yourself that you just had a healthy meal. You didn't. You just had too much pizza, no vegetables, barely any real protein and some rabbit food!! Lol. Just don't do it every day ok? Maybe once a week. I call it "treat day".

Westport, Connecticut
“Totally disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

After reading reviews and having it recommended by our innkeeper, we decided to try it. Really looking forward to a nice salad and pizza for a cold winter night dinner. Cute interior and very eclectic menu - we were excited! Started out with what was supposed to be a Greek salad - turned out to be nothing like I've ever seen before. Way too much salad dressing that overpowered the salad and too many mixed greens vs. traditional romaine lettuce. Left most of it. . . Then we had a pizza with eggplant, mozzarella, smoked gouda, tomato, and pesto - sounded good at the time. We were both surprised with just how much pesto there was on the pizza. Looked like the cook went crazy trying to make it look pretty. Completely overwhelmed the other flavors and made the pizza way too oily for our liking. And the crust that everyone else seemed to rave about? Well, let's just say we could barely even taste it with all the other mixed flavorings going on. Sorry, it just fell short for us. Seemed like they were trying just a little too hard.

• Visited January 2013