“Very Good Place for Breakfast or Lunch”
Review of Martin's Restaurant - CLOSED

Martin's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 27, 2012

While traveling through the Berkshires we came upon the delightful town of Great Barrington & spent the afternoon there. Looking for a place to eat we stopped at Martin's Restaurant which specializes in breakfasts (which is served all day) and lunch. The menu selection & food are very good and the price extremely reasonable. My wife had the grilled salad with grilled chicken, apples, asparagas and tomatos while I had an open face eggplant parm sandwich from the lunch menu. We then split a peach muffin which was terrific. This is a very good place for lunch and I'm sure it would be just as good for breakfast or brunch. Certainly worth a stop.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Some places succeed because of specialty foods but not here. Everything is simple, fresh and served by the same staff many of whom have been here for decades now. It is such a well regarded value that the are wait lines many weekend mornings, so be forewarned.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have been coming to the Berkshires for the past 24 years for a two week stay. Martins at the top of Railroad st. is ALWAYS one of my/our first restaurant stops. My husband delights in one of the hearty fresh omelets, he can't eat toast so they are always pleasent about serving him some slices of cucumber instead. My kids when they joined us would savior the yummy pancakes with (fresh) fruit, and just the right amount of chocolate chips that didnt make this mother cringe... And I looked forward to,(and still order),the grilled Brie cheese, avocado,tomato sandwich on their very tasty bread and just enough potatoe chips to curb a year long craving! Many restaurants have come and gone, it is my hope that my satisfyingly delucious sandwich will be waiting for me during that two week stay for the next 24!

Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Good value for your money. A variety of choices. In short, we were satisfied completely. Free WiFi.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is a small town and there aren't too many choices. But here's a small little breakfast place, it's normal and the food is pretty good.

Breakfast is served all day