“Awesome beer and food”

Barrington Brewery & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 the Barrington Brewery has been serving our own Barn Brewed Beer and food made from scratch. We were the first brewery on the east coast to install a solar panel system that supplies solar-heated hot water for brewing and restaurant use.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Both the selections of beers and food choices was admirable! Really nice salads as well as chicken and fish dishes: My husband had the seared scallops, which were a nice size and tender and succulent. I enjoyed a wonderful salad there. We went another night and had their Mediterranean appetizer....also great. They bake their own rolls, nice whole wheat delicacies as well as their own cakes and a fruit cobbler "to die for!" Outdoor seating is nice (but watch out for the "no see-ems" bugs that will plaster you with bites. Second trip we opted for indoors. There are truly enjoyable meals here at reasonable prices, with wide selections and prompt, caring service. They will even deal with special requests for those on specific eating plans and allergy issues. Great food in friendly atmosphere!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

They use solar power to brew, which was a first for me. They have a good selection of beer on tap, and the service was good. The food menu is what you would expect at a microbrewery, which isn't a bad thing, and everything we ordered was good. Prices were reasonable. I'll stop there again if I'm in the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Average meal, I had rib and chicken wings, my wife had free range organic chicken...the wing sauce was below average and the ribs were good, needed a bit of crisping. but good. the chicken was good, decent portion, but I go for flavor and this was ok. the bar is suppose to be dog friendly, but we were clearly moved to an area that kept the dogs outside a rope line. not so friendly and the couple next to us gave the dogs a look like they had the mange, sorta funny how uptight people are.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

A convenient walk across busy Route 7 to the brewery. The menu is extensive, my wife ordered a Cobb Salad, I had a sirloin sandwich. Tasty food well prepared and delivered promptly. My seasonal beer (New England Farmer's) full of hops and tasty, just as I prefer. My wife had a nice glass of French wine.
Service was efficient, friendly, and timely.
A good dinner.....

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Showed up July 4th at 4 pm for dinner. The restaurant was fairly busy so the host told us our table would be ready when a couple finished deserts. She offered a bench or we could have a drink in the bar. The drink sounded good so my wife sat at a small table and I stood behind the bar chairs (the bar was full) - $ 20 in hand for two brews. The bartender did not acknowledge me (she wasn't that busy). 10 minutes later two bar seats opened up and we moved to those chairs at the end of the bar. Someone came the bartender directed the patron to a reserved table and poured him a beer without him asking and handed it right over my shoulder - still no acknowledgement that we were at her bar. She then went to the beginning of the bar and took drink orders for 3 or 4 guys that were also standing behind the bar - they actually arrived after we did. We then walked out and took my business to a bar in the center of town. I won't be back after wasting twenty minutes at the Barrington Brewery.