“So-So”

Barrington Brewery & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 the Barrington Brewery has been serving our own Barn Brewed Beer and food made from scratch. We were the first brewery on the east coast to install a solar panel system that supplies solar-heated hot water for brewing and restaurant use.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I looked at a number of restaurants in Great Barrington. The menu sounded great. I was a party of one. A waitperson came over and took my drink offer telling me someone else would take my food order. I waited and waited and finally he came back and took my order. I ordered a sirloin which was OK, The vegetables were an unusual combination and very tasty. The waiter waited until I was almost completely finished with my meal to see if I wanted another drink (a pet peeve of mine).
I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.

There are newer reviews for Barrington Brewery & Restaurant

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is always home cooking style and specials are great deals. Eat there often when in Great Barrington. Staff is very friendly too.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went there for lunch on new Years afternoon and the place was packed. I understand that service will be slower when places have a rush of people but the bartender pretty much ignored me for the first 15 mins that I sat at the bar. She waited on the regulars even though they had already been served and were working on their second and third beers while I didn't even order my first? I really didn't want to eat there after that but I didn't have lunch yet and it was getting later in the day. I just got a burger and it came with coleslaw and both were average. I would recommend that if you go make sure they're not to busy or you'll be ignored unless you're a regular. I think the holiday rush might have overwhelmed the bartender and she should have asked for help and paid a little more attention to the others sitting at the bar, not just her friends.

1  Thank JOHNNYB17
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Great sandwiches and burgers. The fish and chips were not so much but the chicken pot pie was excellent

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been coming here with family and friends for years! I have never had a bad experience. I'm vegetarian and it's very hard to find places that do a good job with it. The veggie chili is one of my favorites here! And the veggie pocket is always fresh and delicious. I always recommend this spot to people, as the food is great, the staff is always friendly and it has great beer and a cool atmosphere.