“Stick to the basics and you can't go wrong”

Barrington Brewery & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Since 1995 the Barrington Brewery has been serving our own Barn Brewed Beer and food made from scratch. We were the first brewery on the east coast to install a solar panel system that supplies solar-heated hot water for brewing and restaurant use.
New York
“Stick to the basics and you can't go wrong”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

The food is generally good for pub fare and if you don't go in expecting gourmet food you won't be disappointed. This is a strictly meat and potatoes kind of place. I always eat at the bar and stick to soup or appetizers and am seldom disappointed. I would score them higher but there is a lack of consistancy in the quality.

The beer is incredible and that alone is worthe the trip.
Unfortunately the bar is strictly beer and wine, but perhaps that is for the best. Why mess around with anything but your speciality?

I wish the bar area were larger and that they would have entertainment. Perhaps they do, but I've not been out that way when they do.

providence
“Perfect!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

My aunts took me here because I wanted excellent wings. However I am afraid to say that the wings were not up to my par. The spice was nice but they were extremely fatty. I like wings that are crisp and spicy. I love going to breweries and pubs and trying their wings, that’s how you call tell if it is a true pub. Nevertheless my aunt and I ate them all up. I had the Pale Ale, which wasn't bad, I am not really an ale drinker but they didn't have the Blonde Ale which I am sure I would have liked a lot.

I had the Maryland’s Crab Cakes, they were FANTASTIC. I love crab cakes and these were so crisp but soft and just perfectly done. One of my aunts had the chicken pot pie, I don’t like cpp, but hers look scrumptious, it was flaky and golden brown and not watered down, she enjoyed it. My other aunt had one of the specials, chicken pesto pasta, it looked good and she really liked it. I love that they give beer bread at the table.

We had the stout chocolate cake, it was huge and wonderful. I love chocolate cake that isn't over powered with that chocolate-y taste, it was really great.

The only downside was where we sat. It seemed like we were sat with the families and grandparents. This one father was so loud and obnoxious, he screamed at his kid for not wanting to try something he was eating, his response was" in the family we try everything once." Good motto for a teenager, but not for a little toddler who was crying.

I found our server to be nice, but a little obnoxious as well. I hate when I order a drink they don't even listen to what I want they just assume that I am not 21 and immediately want to see my ID. THEN half the time they don't even look at the date, so why waste your time? That really aggravates me at times.

But go to the brewery it is awesome, pricey but you won't regret it!

Brooklyn, NY
“My FAVORITE place in Great Barrington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2008

I summer in the Berkshires quite often, and absolutely love Barrington Brewery's food. Their portions are generous, and their after 5pm menu is particularly good. My favorite meal, by far, is their Maryland crab cakes; I substitute regular fries for their sweet potato fries. It's LUSCIOUS! Their raspberry beer, as well, is my fave!

Lebanon
“Great food and beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2007

We stayed in the area in the fall and stopped for lunch. The food was great the beer superb and the service excellent. We made it a point to stop back another day even though is was a ways from where we were staying. Looking forward to another trip to the Berkshires. Lebanon CT.

Coxsackie, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great beer, great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2006

If you're looking for a great micro brewery with great service and food, then go here.
I've never had a subpar meal and we always make it a point to visit at least a few times per year.

1 Thank Jay M