“Fun place, reliable menu”

Barrington Brewery & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 the Barrington Brewery has been serving our own Barn Brewed Beer and food made from scratch. We were the first brewery on the east coast to install a solar panel system that supplies solar-heated hot water for brewing and restaurant use.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We've been coming here at least 1-2 times per summer for about five years. The food is consistently good. The beer battered onion rings are definitely the star! I love the vegetarian chili - it's the item I order the most. My family and friends have had many other menu items over the course of time - everyone seems happy. There is something for everyone here. The beers, of course, are great. Try a Shandy Pale (I think that's what it is called...?) It's a mix of ginger ale and one of their home-brewed pale ales. It's amazing!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had the steak and cheese sandwich which was pretty good and a side of fries that were excellent. I also had a garden salad that I had to pick at and not finish because the lettuce seemed to be old and warm..not very tasty.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Not impressed with anything here except the beer. Food and service are average at best. The outdoor dining area is a nice place to gather with friends for a few great brews. But not a place I would recommend for dinner.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My Fiance & I stopped in for a late lunch after hiking at the nearby waterfalls. The wait staff on this afternoon was very helpful & friendly. We initially sat at their outside seating area but after 10 minutes we asked to move inside, and the staff cheerfully accommodated this request.

We had the Mixed NY Grill and Brewhouse Beef Philly sandwiches and each were very good. We asked for the beer battered french fries with our sandwiches and they were delicious; we recommend them highly!

As for the beer we opted to choose the Vienna and NE Farmers Ale, both of which were very good. They sell growlers or 22oz bottles of beer that you can purchase to take home. The Vienna was good to the point where we purchased two bottles.

All in all we had a very satisfying & relaxing lunch at the Barrington Brewery and will return again on future trips to the area.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We've been here several times, both by ourselves (my wife and I) and with various friends. The food is excellently prepared in all cases, I've never had a disappointing meal. Specifically I can recommend the Shepherd's Pie, the Chef Salad, the Herb Baked Cod, the BBQ Beef Brisket, the Classic Reuben, and several other sandwiches.

And then there's the beer. I'm a huge fan of the Black Bear Stout, but the Black and Tan and the Raspberry Ale are also very good. My wife LOVES that they have the local Johnny Mash (hard) cider.

The only knock is that the waitstaff service can be spotty. We've had outstanding waiters, and we've had some that clearly wish they were somewhere else. Last night we had an outstanding waiter.