“New, Fresh and Different!”
Review of Prairie Whale

Prairie Whale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brooklyn food pioneer Mark Firth has brought to the Berkshires the same rustic and delicious food he served at his previous restaurants, Marlow & Sons and Diner. Our menu changes daily as we use only the freshest produce, and source locally as much as we can.
“New, Fresh and Different!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Relativly new restaurant in town, great parking. Good atmosphere, the staff was well trained and very helpfull. Most of the food is "Farm to Table" meening that it is procured locally.
The bar selection was a little lacking, topo shelf liquere was replaced by local distilleries, while not bad it would be nice to see some brand names also.
Personally I liked the apps best. Everything from liver pate to french fries. Their main stay is the Cheeseburger, I know but this is not a burger joint. I had a pork sanwich and others had the duck confite. Also thrown in was chicken and grits.
We were a party of 8 and all the food came out together and hot. the place was packed on a friday night and I would recommend reservations. All in all a good time!
We did eat a lot, apps and drinks and main course the bill was $75 each including tip. But, this is pretty much in line with other restaurants in Great Barrington.

• Visited June 2013

Southampton, New York
“great food, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

had dinner here and it was fantastic. great service. informal decor. nice small bar scene. the food was perfect: fried chicken is all you ever hoped for. the duck also delish. wish i had room for dessert. located on the main st, it's easily accessible.

• Visited January 2013
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“New restaurant in town”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Renovated home lacks warmth but has potential. Limited menu options, but everything was delicious. Servers still learning the ropes, but friendly.

• Visited March 2013
New Jersey
“Great gastro-pub with excellent food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We found the food to be delicious and the interior was very hip but very welcoming. Obviously a lot of locals like to come and it felt very friendly and down to earth.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kazzadownie
Connecticut
“Simple decor, excellent food”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a leisurely brunch here on a snowy sunday. We were one of two tables so it was quiet and very relaxed. The decor is simple, clean lines, wood walls, wood tables, plastered ceilings and a lot of light from the windows, which I much prefer. Only complaint was that it was very chilly. I don't enjoy wearing my coat while I eat, although I think if the place were full, it might have been warmer.
The food was excellent. The menu is brief, not a lot of options, but I can't imagine not finding something that would suit anyone. Everything sounded delcious, but I usually judge a brunch on their bloody marys and how well they can poach an egg. I didn't particularly like the bloody mary, too much clamato juice maybe? But the egg was amazing. Brilliant orange yolks spilled from perfectly poached whites on a bed of polenta, slightly sweetened with maple syrup,and served with a little arugula and a homemade sausage. It was divine. We also had the most delicious scone I have ever had in my life, served with a dollop of some kind of curd that I could have eaten by the bowl. They don't have an espresso machine but they do have french pressed coffee. It was the best cup of coffee I have had in a long time. Would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013