“A great place for gathering with friends!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Well

The Well
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Housatonic, Massachusetts
“A great place for gathering with friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The well is a cozy little bar that offers up great food! My wife and I love going here, great drink selections and we haven't had a bad meal ever! The menu has lots of great choices, some traditional bar food items and some not so traditional, such as the mac and cheese of Biff's Grandmothers fried chicken!! The chili is delicious. On a crisp fall day you can't go wrong with the Well Warmer drink!!!!
Seems Springsteen was right, I think I'll go on down to the Well tonight and I'll drink til I get my fill!
If you are in Great Barrington Mass don't miss this gem!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Michael B

Great Barrington, Massachusetts, United States
“Much improved.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been back to the Well a few times recently and am happy to report that the service is 100% improved. The staff on hand were very friendly and helpful. The food was much better than my previous experience. I always liked the atmosphere there and am very glad to add it back to my 'go to' list.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Really good bar, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped in here for dinner while walking through Great Barrington. Husband had a burger, I had a pulled pork sandwich. For a pub, the food was very good! I had a bite of the burger, which was very tasty and the ingredients all tasted very fresh. The pulled pork sandwich was also good although I was hoping it would have a bit more of a kick. Neither of us drank while at the pub.

Ambience was nice. The tables all have lava lamps which I thought was kind of cool.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Otis, MA
“Interesting food choices, relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We've eaten here twice now, favorably impressed both times. Last night we went with a friend. She had the Taco Salad (which my wife had had the first time), my wife had a Western Burger, and I had the Club Wrap. Both ladies had Angry Orchard (hard) cider, and I had a Guinness (draft). Service was quick and efficient, drinks were also quick and COLD (we're in the middle of a week-plus-long heat wave), and dinner came in the expected time. The place is quiet, and even though it is pretty open, conversation is easy. Our friend's husband is overseas so we had a good chance to catch up on things and spend some quality time.

We also like the lava lamps on the tables!

Great Barrington has several good restaurants, and The Well can certainly be added to that list.

1 Thank Ernie L
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Found by accident!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We were in downtown Great Barrington and came across this place. We were reading the outdoors menu, when a man walked by and said "it's good". We went in...great service. We had the BBQ pulled pork quesadilla. It was great! The place filled up and by the time we lefty here wasn't an empty seat.