“clean, quiet and friendly...”

Monument Mountain Motel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Great Barrington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“clean, quiet and friendly...”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This is a very clean and well kept older roadside-type motel. We had a great room with a nice king size bed, brand new bathroom, fridge, microwave, and a great TV. The proprietors are really nice and helpful. The other guests were really nice friendly people. My only concern was that the lock on the door was pretty old and did not look too sturdy. Even with this we slept the entire night without anything waking us. I wish there were more places like this. It was a nice change from staying in chain motels. Well worth the low price. the best part for me was that it was scrupulously clean without perfumes, air fresheners, or awful cleaning products.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catgrrrl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2009

The motel is very clean and has great mattresses. We spent one night and our room was quiet and has the basic amenities. The proprietor and his family work very hard at making you feel welcome.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Amherst, MA
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We were taking a short vacation in southern Berkshire County, MA and found the Monument Mountain Motel be be conveniently located to the many arts and nature destinations of the region. The motel is well run, clean, and the manager is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful.

Boston
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I have been coming to the Berkshires on business since December 2008. I have stayed at 4 different hotels but since staying in February at Monument Mountain Motel, I have not stayed anywhere else. This week I am here for 4 nights, last week 2 nights, the previous week, 3 nights, etc. Total nights here since Feb, 2009 have been between 50-60 times.

Sometimes my young nephew travels with me and the room is sufficient size so that we are not tripping over each other.

The rooms are always neat, clean and completely updated from the 1950's style motel.
I like that my vehicle is right outside of my door. This gives me easy access to load and unload all of my stuff.

Reception/Office is run by friendly yet professional family. They always ask about my family.

I hope you stay is as pleasant as all of mine have been.

Susan O'Leary

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Before we made reservations, I read the Tripadvisor reviews and indeed they were correct. This family who run this motel is very friendly and helpful . We stayed here so that we could attend the Tanglewood concerts in Lenox. Our room though small, was very clean with TV, refrigerator and microwave oven. The bathroom was quite large and had been recently remodeled. We would return here anytime. This motel was economical and definitely a great find.

Mass
Reviewed July 31, 2009

This motel is family operated. The rooms were all recently updated and the location is excellent. Minutes from center of Great Barrington and easy access to many recreational and cultural activities. Pet friendly, which is absolutely essential since my wife and I usually travel with our Wheaton Terrier. Television reception is a little sketchy, if that is important to you.

New york
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The Monument Mountain Motel was the perfect place to stay in the Berkshires for us,spotlessly clean,super-comfortable beds,friendly ,family-run,economical,and centrally located to explore the Berkshires!Highly recommended!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#4 of 10 in Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
Days Inn Great Barrington
#3 of 10 in Great Barrington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 10 in Great Barrington
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge

Been to Monument Mountain Motel? Share your experiences!