“Like the homemade doughnuts from the 1950's - 1970's”

Home Sweet Home Doughnut Shoppe
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Like the homemade doughnuts from the 1950's - 1970's”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Let's just say great doughnuts...they have been in business for about 3 years, also have a breakfast and lunch menu. Orange juice is fresh squeezed. Coffee milk would make it even better!

• Visited May 2014

Massachusetts
“World Class Donuts Wish they made one filled with REALwhipped cream”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

These donuts are special, hand made and with delicious and unusual flavors. I loved the lime curd filling , the mini eclair and the honey dipped . They were out of my favorite Maple topped raised donuts, but it only means I will have to come back for another one. These are like the donuts were in the 1950's. I have memories of a fresh whipped cream filled donut back then. When you placed your order, they would stuff a fresh donut with the cream. Now, that would make this a 10 star production. The owners are supe nice, and there is a darling counter area for sitting. The location is a bit oscure so keep your eyes out for it, It is close to the McD's and across from another GB favorite, Locke Stock and Barrel. Yummy, the only problem is in deciding what to pick for the taste of the day.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank fransbaking
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“No Better Doughnuts Anywhere!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Dunkin' Donuts has been pushing mediocre product on us for years. What a nice surprise to have a place like Home Sweet Home remind me of what donuts are supposed to taste like. The glazed honeydew donuts defy deliciousness. Their other flavors are excellent as well. The customer service is fantastic and everyone makes you feel welcome there. Highly recommended morning fare for anyone visiting the Berkshires.

• Visited March 2014
Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Wonderful Shop! 6 stars from me!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great/Best doughnut shop. When I was a kid we would go to Buttler Doughnut shop in Westport Ma. (They closed) and I always thought they were the best. Home Sweet Home Doughnut has them beat. Service & product is excellent. My husband & I got talking to the owner Deb and told her about coffee milk and hot wieners. My husband is going back this week to drop off some coffee syrup for her to try.
I had a croissant egg sandwich & a few mini fancies that were excellent.
Now we know why it is #1 on Tripadvisor, It's a must go on your list!

• Visited March 2014
Liverpool, New York
“So Worth It”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Another place on our list to get for breakfast in this vacation. Friends joined us last night and today we went to Home Sweet Home. Two of us got breakfast sandwiches--I got mine in a croissant. With every weight watcher point!!! My husband got the mushroom and thyme soup ( it wasn't exactly breakfast time) and he loved it. Then we brought some home. The red velvet glazes donut was melt in your mouth good. Maybe we should go back on the way home and get some for the trip!!