“Excellent (and relaxing) Indian restaurant”
Review of Aroma

Aroma
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised when we turned a corner in Great Barrington (in our minds, essentially the middle of nowhere) and found an Indian restaurant, which we had been craving for hours. Aroma's service was great; we were seated immediately and the waitstaff were very attentive. The food was top-notch as far as Indian goes. The garlic naan left me feeling like I could frighten off vampires for a week, and the chicken vindaloo had me sipping my water without cease. The decor of the place was a bit tacky (plenty of aged paintings of scenes from Indian lore), but the food was so delicious I didn't mind even a tiny bit.

1  Thank walasavagephoto

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Wow, this place knocked our socks off. It was as good as the Indian we had whilst spending time in England. The naan was great as was our dinner selections. I had spinach with garbanzos that rocked. We go to Great Barrington often and this has given us another reason to head up that way.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a great place to go with friends so you can share the various dishes and condiments. The service is extremely good and the booths are fun to share. There are many good options for vegetarians and you will be hard pressed not to feel full after a meal here.

Like many ethnic restaurants, the menu doesn't change but if you find an entree you like, there is some comfort in ordering over and over; the food is consistent. It is pretty heavy so I like to go during the colder months.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Peshwari naan and the two dinners we had - one chicken and one shrimp - were as good as we have had in Indian restaurants. We went because of the reviews here and the comments of our B&B hostess.

We waited a while to be waited on and for our meals and for our check, but tonight that didn't matter as we were in full relax mode.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I had lunch here during a recent trip to Great Barrington. He had the Biryani and I had the chicken saag. Both were very good and the Naan bread was excellent as well. The atmosphere isn't so great but the food is excellent - at least the items we had. We would come back and try some other dishes.