Open today: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Gem of the Berkshires

I highly encourage you to see a show at the Mahaiwe. It feels like a trip back in time with its... read more

Reviewed January 15, 2019
esmith2112
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
via mobile
Fabulous Venue

The Mahaiwe is a lovely theater, and it seems as though all seats offer a great view of the stage... read more

Reviewed October 14, 2018
PattyR63
Glenville, New York

All reviews historic theater live performance metropolitan opera original glory modern dance lovely theatre early days great acoustics no bad seats comfortable seats balcony performers hd stage renovated programming venue
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

This was a phenomenal performance. Theatre beautiful. Show beyond words. Not a bad seat in the house. Go see at any cost.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

A absolute gem of a venue to watch a show or performance. Great sound and viewing from most seating. An intimate experience to see major acts and some movies.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed November 25, 2015

The heat in the balcony was unbearable by the middle of the first act, even though I was not overdressed. Although some people stood, this was not an option for me. I heard three people complain about the heat. We left at Intermission, reluctantly, because I was not well enough to tolerate it. We would love to have seen the final act. Cumberbatch was stellar as Hamlet, and the supporting cast superb. It may be a while until this performance comes out in video, because of its popularity. We were disappointed.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Periwinkle153
Reviewed October 28, 2015

I'm a part time resident of Great Barrington, and I love it when they have something going on that I want to attend. I think it seats fewer than 700, and they book some wonderful performers. I would suggest if you're coming from out of town get to GB early because parking can be VERY challenging within walking distance of the theater. There are any number of restaurants for a variety of tastes and budgets.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed October 14, 2015

We are so lucky in Great Barrington that this old theater was lovingly restored and is now home to a vibrant selection of fine arts. The theater hosts opera performances in HD from the Met and Europe, live musical performances, and movies. Even movies like "Casablanca", which we have seen over and over again on TV are a totally different experience when viewed on their big screen. It's all good.. . now if we could just have popcorn in there!

Date of experience: October 2015