“Interesting Menu, Great Food!”
Review of Gypsy Joynt - CLOSED

Gypsy Joynt
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed in Great Barrington one weekend in April when we discovered this eclectic restaurant. We ordered the focaccia burgers called "Manzo". His was a burger with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and thousand island dressing. I had a veggie burger with caramelized onion, provolone cheese and BBQ sauce. Both were very flavorful and delicious. All of their food is homemade and it really shows in the quality. Also, the meats and produce are purchased locally, organically and/or naturally. I'm sold! We left with a giant cinnamon roll that we ate some of later that night (didn't finish it because it was so huge) and it was phenomenal. We loved this place so much we returned the next day for lunch. I had a veggie wrap with hummus, avocado, mixed greens and cheddar cheese and he had a chicken sandwich with melted fresh mozzarella, baby spinach, marinara sauce and ricotta on handmade pizza dough bread. Fantastic. They also offer cold, local, draft beer. We look forward to our next visit to Great Barrington to get our Gypsy Joint fix!

1  Thank kitchenfairy
There are newer reviews for Gypsy Joynt

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food fun atmosphere music,baked goods beverages a style all their own.If your for hand crafted creative takes on local foods with a flare they deliver and they serve Nodines Bacon ETC.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you're in the mood to grab a bite while in downtown Great Barrington, MA and you enjoy or are at least amused by funky decor and a post-hippy atmosphere, try this eatery with surprisingly excellent food. We had lunch on a recent Sunday and were very surprised and pleased with the very fresh ingredients, the great baking, and the prompt and pleasantly served orders. The pizza was truly a treat, especially the unusually delicious dough and the really fresh toppings. The salad was likewise excellent and the dressings offered were all home made. After so many experiences with restaurants that offer fresh ingredients and home baking, this one truly delivers. It is clear that they take their mission seriously. Go!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had heard only good things about this place and I was not disappointed! My boyfriend and I dropped in on a Wednesday which just so happened to be open mic night so it was actually pretty busy compared to the rest of the town. The people at the counter were a bit busy but otherwise very nice. I ordered the beet-nic sandwich and it was amazing! Their whole menu was very affordable with all sorts of interesting combinations. I also decided to get a cinnamon bun and that was to die for. The atmosphere is fun and laid back but not too over the top with decorations. I wish I lived closer so I could go there more often!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place over all. The menu was extensive and interesting, seemed to cover any taste. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who wasn't sure what to do when I walked in, and no one really helped me out at first. Thankfully the person I was with kind of took charge. Otherwise it was a wonderful experience. The atmosphere is eclectic without being tacky. The food came quickly and was presented well. It also was delicious! If I lived closer I would definitely come eat here often.