“Funky hangout with surprisingly excellent food”
Review of Gypsy Joynt - CLOSED

Gypsy Joynt
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you're in the mood to grab a bite while in downtown Great Barrington, MA and you enjoy or are at least amused by funky decor and a post-hippy atmosphere, try this eatery with surprisingly excellent food. We had lunch on a recent Sunday and were very surprised and pleased with the very fresh ingredients, the great baking, and the prompt and pleasantly served orders. The pizza was truly a treat, especially the unusually delicious dough and the really fresh toppings. The salad was likewise excellent and the dressings offered were all home made. After so many experiences with restaurants that offer fresh ingredients and home baking, this one truly delivers. It is clear that they take their mission seriously. Go!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had heard only good things about this place and I was not disappointed! My boyfriend and I dropped in on a Wednesday which just so happened to be open mic night so it was actually pretty busy compared to the rest of the town. The people at the counter were a bit busy but otherwise very nice. I ordered the beet-nic sandwich and it was amazing! Their whole menu was very affordable with all sorts of interesting combinations. I also decided to get a cinnamon bun and that was to die for. The atmosphere is fun and laid back but not too over the top with decorations. I wish I lived closer so I could go there more often!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place over all. The menu was extensive and interesting, seemed to cover any taste. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who wasn't sure what to do when I walked in, and no one really helped me out at first. Thankfully the person I was with kind of took charge. Otherwise it was a wonderful experience. The atmosphere is eclectic without being tacky. The food came quickly and was presented well. It also was delicious! If I lived closer I would definitely come eat here often.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Get the Michelangelo sandwich. You won't regret it. Everything else is excellent--but watch out for raw onions!

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Ok kinda confusing when you walk in its open seating ! But thear is no sign u just kinda stand in line with a bunch of old stoners!! So if your in a hurry its not your place thay def move @ thear stoner pace lol! But it's def worth the waight once u locate a place to sit after giving your order to one of the Woodstock left overs behind the bar! Lol! Thay kinda focus problems but u already no that when you walk in the door! Food was good big menu! Many choices ! Cheep beer to good vodka! So nice mix. @ the bar for choices overall if you can deal with dude I will be wright with you it all good!