“45 minutes from entrees to main course” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Allium Restaurant & Bar

Allium Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Allium Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: For public transportation within Berkshire county, contact Berkshire Regional Transportation Authority (BRTA) at (413) 499-2782 or (800) 292-2782. Great Barrington is also served by Peter Pan Bus (800-343-9999) and Bonanza Bus (800-343-9999) companies.
Description: Allium Restaurant + Bar serves casual contemporary American cuisine highlighting the best of the season in support of independent farmers and artisan producers using sustainable practices. The food is handcrafted by Chef Dan Hardy and his team; they take great care to source local and seasonal ingredients including farm-fresh produce, meats and cheeses. Menu items are paired alongside seasonal and small-production wines, small-batch microbrews and local spirits. Located in the heart of downtown Great Barrington at 42 Railroad Street, Allium Restaurant + Bar serves dinner nightly beginning at 5 p.m. and offers a late-night bar. All major credit cards are accepted. Co-owned and founded by Nancy Thomas and Bo Peabody, Mezze Restaurant Group is comprised of Allium Restaurant + Bar in Great Barrington, Mezze Bistro + Bar in Williamstown and Mezze Catering + Events, which provides full-service event planning. Mezze Restaurant Group is a member of Berkshire Grown, Slow Food and the Berkshire Visitors Bureau.
New York
“45 minutes from entrees to main course”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Our appetizers came very quickly and then we waited, and waited... we were at our wit's end by the time our dinners arrived. Furthermore we told the server that our (very particular) kids wanted spaghetti but they instead server them another pasta. The food itself was unremarkable.

• Visited February 2011
3 Thank ManfishNewYork

Rochester, New York
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

Romantic dinner atmosphere. Outstanding table and sommelier service. Ordered several small plates (tappas style) and appetizers - all very tasty. Parsnip bisque was excellent. Handcut russet fries commanded nonstop action. Salmon gravlax had a deeper smoother taste than expected. Truly outstanding evening.

• Visited February 2011
Canandaigua NY
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

Truly enjoyed this gem of a restaurant while visiting Great Barrington. What a treat!

I started off with the salt roasted baby beets (small plate - appetizer) - they were delicious and cooked to perfection. Then on to the Equinox Farm salad (medium plate - salad), another winner; well composed and lightly dressed, just the way I like it. My final dish (large plate - dinner) was the rabbit loin, again, cooked perfectly. My husband was thoroughly pleased with his choices of shrimp and grits (beautiful presentation) and pork tenderloin. Both dishes were well prepared and innovative. Our compliments to the Chef!

All in all a wonderful meal in a delightful community. We will definitely return on our next visit to the Berkshires.

New York
“Tried brunch twice - second time worse than the first”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

Allium "used" to be one of my favorite GB restaurants but something has happened and it has steadily declined. Took friends on a second visit for brunch only to find the restaurant nearly empty. The food took forever to arrive and we ended up with cold eggs Benedict - what a terrible experience!

2 Thank Jugendstrasse
Brooklyn, New York
“Terrible service from all invloved. Small plates. Not friendly. Will never go back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

Please dont go here unless you want to waste your money. So many other great places in GB.
I went on a Sunday (our second time here as the first was for a drink) with my mother and mother inlaw and wife. We smiled and and tried to get the waitress to smile as she came to our table with no one else in the room. She looked at us as if we were bothering her by entering. We should have known by the empty room at 1 pm on a Sunday that it was a big mistake. The EGG Bendict was one egg. There are some creative meals that require a smaller presentation, this wasnt it, this was just cheap and insulting. It was also cold. As I started to eat the one egg I watched as the 20 year old chef sat in the hallway in front of me, opened the door and started smoking a cig. Honestly at least leave the building or the diners view. No, he sat in the hallway with the door open smoking while we all watched.
Again my mom asked for a bloody mary and asked what Vodkas were available. The waitress replied " why do you want to know?". She then sighed heavily and read off the options as if wed asked her to go plunge the toilet. (Actually a nice bathroom, but that was about it) I should have walked out then. There is a very clear problem with the mgmt here. If anyone running this place reads this, your time is limited. I have a clock counting down the days until this poorly run, sloppy, uninviting, cold cheap mess dissapears. I never write reviews but as my wife and I have waited tables and my father ran a restaurant, this place shouldnt be allowed to continue with its insults.
As for the mgmt you should clean house. With so few jobs avail its a great time to bring in some pros.

4 Thank MumfordandSons