“I can think of a better family campground in the area!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granville
Prospect Mountain Campground
“I can think of a better family campground in the area!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

When my family and I stayed at prospect about a month ago I was incredibly impressed by the professional staff and the friendliness that greeted me at the door, check-in was a breeze! The grounds are very clean, they have tons of wicked fun kids activities. I cannot wait until next summer to spend another weekend. Oh and they have themed weekends, how fun!

• Stayed August 2013
Prospect_Mtn, Manager at Prospect Mountain Campground, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hi Pjd,

It's great to hear how much you enjoyed our campground and the events and activities we put on for families like yours. Thank you so much for your compliments and your great rating! We hope your stay with us next year will be just as good a time or better! Thank you again

-Greg, PMC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southwick, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I would like to say, my daughter and I have been camping at PMC for 6 years now. Its is so beautiful up there. We love listening to the tree frogs, bull frogs and watching all the wildlife. Yes, there are times, some sites can be loud, but considering, we are up there for 6 months and the weekenders only come up for just that, I kinda understand, but if it gets to loud-all you have to do is call and the staff will promptly take care of it.
When I have been in the store on numerous occasions, customers have come in yelling and complaining at the staff. Even in these circumstances, the staff is very respectful and handle all the situations in a professional manner.
The Hayes Family (owners) are on the clock 24/7. So, they are quick to respond to any situation. Which, Greg did 2 weeks ago for me, when I called him because, I didn't have any electricity. He came within minutes and fixed the problem-which we found out was due to the lightning storms we had had.Its sad when people take advantage of good hearted owners, trying to raise their own family, while offering a place for people to come and have a relaxing, fun time with their own families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Prospect_Mtn, Manager at Prospect Mountain Campground, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hi kritdog,

Thank you for your wonderful rating of our campground and for your continuing business! We do our best to maintain the beauty of nature at our campground and I'm glad you enjoy that. Thanks for your understanding and patience with inconvenience situations and please don't hesitate to bring such things to me so we can fix them as quickly as possible for you. We're always happy to do everything we can to keep our campers happy and help them out if they're not, as we know that everyone can have a bad day and even little things going wrong can be extra frustrating at the wrong time. Thank you again and it's a pleasure having you camp with us!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I totally disagree with some of the previous postings and reviews. My family and I have been seasonal here since 2006 and have never experienced a bad moment with any of the previous or current owners. The current staff is very polite, the pool is well maintained and the grounds are kept very clean. Any problems we have experienced like loss of power or water were handled quickly. The WIFI does not always work but why do you need that to have a good time. In regards to dog feces everywhere that is an issue that I have never experienced and if that were the case that is not a problem created by the staff that is an issue with people who can not follow simple rules and in most places against the law not to clean up after your pet, but ignorance is bliss. My family and I look forward every week and season to being here and enjoying the family orientated events, bands, Friday night movies, etc...
Yes some weekenders do get loud but the staff does tactfully remind these people of the rules and the problem is solved unlike other area camp grounds.
I would strongly encourage anyone to come stay here and enjoy a relaxing weekend or season.

Hi Veryhappycamper,

I'm glad that you are enjoying being a seasonal camper with us and your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thank you for being understanding about occasional noisy neighbors and please continue to bring such things to our attention as we're more than happy to remind them of the rules so everyone can enjoy our park. Sorry about the sometimes spotty Wi-Fi but I'm very happy to hear you have a great time regardless. Thank you again for your kind words and your continuing business!

Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I, with our Great Danes, have been camping at Prospect Mountain Campground for four years. From our first weekend we knew that we had found our second home. We have been camping here six to ten weekends a year. We have camped at a dozen or so campgrounds and truly, Prospect Mountain Campground is a GEM. The prices are below most similar locations, there are a variety of activities scheduled for both children and adults, the shower facilities are cleaned twice daily and are well maintained. All of our inquiries and/or concerns have always been addressed immediately.

We are looking forward to the spring of 2014 to start our fifth year!

Pat, Charlie and the boys

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlie C
Hi Pat, Hi Charlie,

It's always a pleasure to hear from repeat customers like yourselves. We try our best to provide a great camping experience and address any and all issues that may arise and it's great to know that our campers notice! Thank you for your compliments and recommendation. We, too, look forward to your return in the spring! I hope the boys don't tire you out too much over the winter and we'll see you again in May! Thank you again

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Its probably 2 and a half hours away from boston but it is worth the visit. The camp always has multiple activities throughout the week and the big events on weekends. The staff is always ready to help and is hard working. They just added laser tag for the 2013 season, it is a must try the kids love it and its only 5$ per person which is very cheap. Great service in the store and cool stuff in the rec hall like wii, ping pong, air hockey, and foosball. Overall a great place to camp with multiple things to do. A must visit.

• Stayed June 2013
Hi ilovecampin,

Thank you so much for your compliments and recommendation! I'm glad to hear you had fun with us and enjoyed our laser tag attraction. We look forward to having you back in the future! Thank you again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family and I decided to get away for the weekend (we live in Boston). We found prospect mountain online and decided to give it a shot since it was only 2.5 hours away. I am so glad we did! The check in was quick and we got a tent site by one of the ponds. The view of the ponds was gorgeous and was great to wake up next to. On Saturday, there was a Vegas night being held by the campground. We all had a blast playing the games and watching the prizes be drawn. All the staff members were very attentive and did not seem bothered by our numerous questions. We met the owners who were very nice and made us feel welcomed. The facilities were kept clean, especially considering how busy the campground was! The pool was well kept and we had a great time utilizing it! All in all it was a great weekend and we will definitely be coming back! I would certainly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013
Prospect_Mtn, Manager at Prospect Mountain Campground, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hi Mhr,

Thank you so much for your compliments, feedback, and recommendation! We're very happy you had such a good time with us for our Las Vegas Weekend. Hopefully you won one of the prizes but, if not, it's great to hear you had a blast anyway! Thank you again for your kind words and your business and we look forward to having you camp with us next time!

-Greg, Manager, Prospect Mtn Campground
Granville, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited some friends at this campground a couple of weekends ago and it was horrible. Like another camper mentioned here on Trip Advisor, there is dog poop everywhere! In walking the grounds there was litter scattered all over the grounds. I would not let my daughter use the bathroom as it was so dirty! The help in the store was also very unprofessional and when we walked in they never even looked up to acknowledge or greet us. Once we got to the desk a young man looked up from his cell phone and then said hello. Lots of campers played music quite loudly which also made it very difficult for the younger kids to sleep. The mini golf is at best run down and not worth the $4 per game. We will not return to this campground as it is not family oriented and there is obviously no pride in the ownership of this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn J
Prospect_Mtn, Manager at Prospect Mountain Campground, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hi Dawn,

We're sorry you had such an unpleasant visit. We do try our best to keep our campground clean and we make several rounds every day to pick up after our campers and their pets since we know some people forget to do so themselves. Likewise, we also do several checks on the bathrooms between the two daily scheduled cleanings to make sure they remain presentable throughout the day. As for our campers playing their music too loud, please allow me to apologize on their behalf. We do have strict quiet hours but throughout the day music volume should be kept low as our rules explain. I sincerely wish you had brought any of these problems to the attention of our staff so that we could address them and make our guests' stay more comfortable. To the contrary of your statement, we take a lot of pride in our business and work very long hours to maintain our property and are more than happy to fix any problems that somehow slip past us. We're very sorry that we didn't have the opportunity to address your concerns and fix them for you.

-Greg, Prospect Mountain Campground
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granville
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
#1 of 1 in Huntington
Inn at Stockbridge
Inn at Stockbridge
#2 of 8 in Stockbridge

Been to Prospect Mountain Campground? Share your experiences!