“a family run and focused campground- with modern amenities.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granville
Prospect Mountain Campground
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“a family run and focused campground- with modern amenities.”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed in Cabin 10 near the bathrooms- not a far walk from the convenience store or pool. We loved it. The cabin had two rooms - the back room at double bunk beds and the front room had a double bed. We had 6 people with us - 3 kids - 3 adults so it was perfect for us. I have never stayed in a campground cabin before but I am definitely doing it again. We did all of the things you do when you are camping in a tent but the kids were able to sleep early and we were able to sit by the fire and enjoy a beautiful summer night. There are activities for the kids. Paddle boating in a little pond is free. ring a fishing Bpole. The swimming pool was a bit crowded but it was during a heat wave. The convenience store was pretty well stocked despite expensive as you would expect. They have scheduled activities - be sure to ask because we missed them all-but people were talking about having fun at them. It's a bit too far from 6 flags- I would stay closer if that is the purpose of your trip. It had a homey feel that the campgrounds had when I was growing up vs. the commercial feel that many seem to be now. I strongly dislike the parking lot feel some campgrounds have now. We will definitely be back! They didn't charge extra for the car or for having 6 people in the cabin. They didn't seem to be nickel and dime oriented by rather genuine old fashion camping fun with some modern amenities that make it comfortable. There are many seasonal residents there- a couple of the kids were catching frogs near one of the ponds. There were dogs swimming in another of the ponds. They do not have a lake or pond for people to swim in- although the pool is sufficient.-I did miss lake swimming with my kids. They did have group areas that they reserved for groups with firepits in the middle and stuff like that. Some of the cabins even had bathrooms available in them. Ours didn't - we just stayed near one.
They did have internet but I didn't use it.

Have fun and get outdoors! We enjoyed our 3 nights here very much.

Room Tip: I have toddlers so I asked for a cabin near a bathroom. Think about what you need.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank qualtyk9
Prospect_Mtn, Manager at Prospect Mountain Campground, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Hi qualtyk9,
Sorry that this is quite a delayed response since we just joined this site. I just read your lovely review and must thank you for your comments and compliments! I'm happy you enjoyed your stay in the cabin – they're quite nice to have the fun of camping without the hassle. It's a shame you missed the scheduled events but it sounds like you kept quite busy with all the outdoor fun anyway! We have themed weekends every weekend with planned events for all of them so we'd love to have you back for one of them to see even more of what we offer. Thank you again for the feedback and I hope you have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granville
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
#2 of 2 in Barkhamsted
The Retreat at Norwich Lake
The Retreat at Norwich Lake
#1 of 1 in Huntington

Been to Prospect Mountain Campground? Share your experiences!