$94
$169
AC Hotels
Rainbow Motel(Shrewsbury)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslight sleeperfirst floorphelps barnhuntersmatavernhallwayfurnishingscomfort
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I recently drove up from VA for a visit with our family and friends we had to stop at our favorite eating place the Grafton Inn Grafton MA.
The haddock was excellent just like I remembered it, we had lunch and a dinner during the week.
Food was excellent, the service great, the owners john and Laurie are great host we cannot wait to return.
Jim and Barb, from VA.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B B
John P, Owner at The Grafton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thanks for the glowing review, Jim and Barb! I couldn't be happier to hear we're one of your favorite restaurants. All members of our team work hard to show our guests a delicious meal and a good time, and it sounds like we've done just that.

Hope you had a safe trip back to VA! Again, I appreciate the kind words and look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Brought my family here as a stop-over before our destination in New Hampshire and they loved the place. My kids are 12 and 17 and I was bracing for the complaints about no tv in the room. Turns out, they couldn't have cared less. As soon as they walked in they oohed and aahed over the canopy beds, the antique portable steps to get into those beds, and the overall historic coziness. This is a great place for distinguishing between "dated" and "historic". Antiques abound in a clean and very cared-for building (with good wifi). The room my husband and I stayed in was a bit smaller than the one for the kids but had an enormous and beautifully renovated bathroom. The whole place reminded me of an inn my family frequented when I was a kid.....I'm sure there aren't many like this anymore. The restaurant downstairs was excellent for dinner and breakfast and while the bar in Phelps Barn wasn't officially open since it was a weekday, they served drinks anyway, in front of a gorgeous fire. The Grafton Cheese store is next to the inn and we loaded up, though the inn does have generous free sample blocks in the rooms. It's my favorite Vermont Cheddar. We were there between seasons and I still found the town charming.

Room Tip: Rooms vary, let them know what your priorities are.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

I couldn't be happier to hear you and your family had such a memorable stay with us. As an inn that's been in business for over 200 years, we try to give our guests a taste of Grafton history coupled with modern conveniences. It's wonderful that our style was exactly what you were looking for. If you're ever back in town, I hope we'll have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a very pleasant little inn, the staff was freindly and the room was cozy and quiet. There is a train track right next to the inn, but the trains pass by at decent hours.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Chris. "The staff was friendly and the room was cozy and quiet"—that's exactly the experience we strive to deliver, and I'm pleased to hear we succeeded. If you're ever back in town, I hope we'll have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Grafton Inn. We had a clean, spacious room with comfortable beds. We enjoyed our dinner on the patio with live music. The town was nice and the people were friendly. Owners were nice as well. We were glad that we scheduled the stop in Grafton on our vacation. Grafton is a historic town that has remained relatively unchanged since the late 1800's!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write a review a few years ago. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed exploring Grafton. We love being part of a town with such a rich history. If you're ever in the area again, I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I moved from the UK with my family in May 2008 and have experienced both set's of owners. Both made us feel very welcome. We put our business collegues up at the Inn on a regular basis with no complaints about the rooms. John & Laurie run a friendly atmosphere and strieve to make everyone feel welcome. We have had consistant great tasting food and we go there once or twice a week. The resteraunt has a wide variety of ages and seems particularly popular with families and functions. In the summer a musician plays on the outside patio and if you are not there early you'll be waiting to sit at the bar or bar tables. Cumberland farms do great coffee and is just across the road, the Branded bear deli is open at 7am for breakfast and is on the right of the red brick retail building on the square.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jactn221ly

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Warm service, delicious food, quaint atmosphere—it sounds like we're really hitting the mark. I appreciate the good words and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,