“many whales”

Capt Bill & Sons Whale Watch
Ranked #3 of 28 Tours in Gloucester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Capt. Bill & Sons Whale Watch is a small, family-owned and operated, whale watch company out of Gloucester MA. We take pride in giving the best whale watch tours North of Boston. Join us at Capt. Bills for a 4 hour whale watch trip you will never forget! Each trip is fully narrated by a marine biologist from the Blue Ocean Society, who will teach you all you need to know about these majestic marine mammals and other sea life. Sightings Guaranteed!
Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“many whales”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We took this as a last minute decision. It was a great one. The crew was terrific, and we spent 2 hours in the ocean seeing 3 different kinds of whales. Perfect day on the ocean

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Somerton, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“An amazing day!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I went whale watching with Captain Bill & Sons some twenty years ago and had an awesome trip then. Recently we did it again and were not disappointed. They've maintained their standard of boat and enthusiasm. Obviously it is all dependent on the weather and whether the whales show up! . We saw 3 humpbacks, several Minkes, a Fin whale and on the return journey, a 30ft Basking Shark. An absolutely awesome day. We will not hesitate to return to Captain Bill & Sons in the near future. Great day and great value for money.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jackie T
Overland Park, Kansas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“And yes, we did spot several whales!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Overall, a very good experience. The craft was clean and comfortable and we left on time. Above all, we were fortunate enough to spot quite a few whales that afternoon - up close to the point one came up under us. A very alert captain anticipated the collision and had already taken action to avoid a major collision. Although we hit the whale - or it hits us, no serious damage. We saw the whale seconds later and all appeared to be OK - albeit, probably a slight headache. The captain, narrator from the museum and the crew member assigned galley duties were all top notched - friendly, informative and above all, polite. This cannot be said for the other crew member on board. I found him to be rude and nearly unwilling to answer a couple of routine questions. It took three attempts but he finally answered my question with a gruff "I don't know." I did get my answer from the galley crew member and when I mentioned the problem I had just encountered, I was told "He can be that way at times." I observed two other passengers apparently having difficulties with the man although I do not know what said, one of them, an elderly lady was complaining to her daughter. This attitude and rudeness is the only thing keeping me from rating the tour with a "5". Would I reccomend it, without doubt, yes.

Visited September 2012
Chicago, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Crew”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I can't believe that it took me so long to write a review for this place. To put it plain and simply- these are great people. My first interaction was with the lady who answered the phone. I was calling to see if they had availability for our date because I was purchasing a Groupon from another individual. She said something along the lines of "don't bother with all that, I can give you the Groupon price". Wow- Thanks Miss!

When we arrived, I was slightly hungover- stupid me. We were welcomed on board the boat with smiles and a couple jokes here and there. The boat wasn't AT ALL crowded, and it was a beautiful day to sightsee! The hubby and I brought a couple of lobster rolls and some cokes on board and stashed our stuff in one of the seats in favor of walking around on the top deck.

We set out shortly after arrival through the bays of Gloucester. It was beautiful seeing the "working" parts of the small fishing town. We took several pictures of the passing lighthouses before getting out into the open ocean. ...and that's when it began. Like an anvil in my stomach----seasickness...

Whale watching has always been at the top of my bucket list. I had been waiting for this day for YEARS, and here I am. Seasick.
Green in the face, unable to stand upright, wishing I could just go to sleep- seasick. It was quite possibly the absolute worst feeling I've ever felt in my life. The only thing that made me feel better was a young man onboard named Mark. He talked to me about any and everything trying to get my mind off my sickness. He rationed out peppermints to me and treated me like my well being was his top priority. When the whales came around (and WOW!), I was beside myself with tears and sickness and a complete mess, but he personally came to the back of the boat to tell me where to look (I could only take my eyes of the horizon for seconds at a time).

Here's what I came away with:
1- The waters weren't even bad, and I was completely ill, so this isn't for the faint of tummy.
2- The guide was incredibly knowledgeable. I learned so much!
3- These people care about the whales! When one of them slapped its tail against the water, we turned around and left. They aren't willing to disturb the whales for a couple of bucks.
4- The cook (I can't remember his name) was hilarious. He's a no nonsense guy who seemed really concerned (and slightly amused) by my mini sobfest and seasickness.
5- Mark, whom I believe was the Captain's son is what really made this trip for us. My husband was so grateful to him for his attentiveness to me (as was I!). He's going to make an amazing captain himself someday!

Even though I was terribly ill during the tour, it was everything I could have hoped for and more!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank BellaChicago_IL
Scranton, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“The BEST whale watch”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Mason and his staff are amazing people, I love them all!! They are totally dedicated to their esearch of all the whales in the are. You board the ship and are immediated treated to information about all that is around you on your way out of port. (which is the same as in the perfect storm) You et to see little rocky neck and ten pound island, castles on the hill and many other sites on your journey to jeffreys ledge or stellwagen bank. I have taken this trip 20 times and ALWAYS see several whales. I have some amazing pics and always renew my membership while there. Please treat yourself to the opportunity to see some of god's totally amazing creatures.

Visited October 2012