“Small, low key, family run and friendly who know how to keep customers happy”

Two Sisters Coffee Shop
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Boston, Massachusetts
“Small, low key, family run and friendly who know how to keep customers happy”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Our first stop was at "Sugar Magnolias" around the corner but, we were ten minutes late for breakfast and they would not serve us because they had to get ready for lunch (a different story here). They told us to come here to "Two Sisters" who know customer service which Sugar Magnolias lacked and that makes a HUGE difference in my book. I will plan to come back here because of that. The place is very small, definitely a local dive BUT the two sisters are so funny; they work hard and have a great sense of humor and even had funny signs on the wall that I absolutely loved. It was 11 a.m. on a Friday and we were aiming for a late breakfast in which we were so happy to hear they serve breakfast all day. Food was good, plenty to keep you full for hours and service was good. Our 8 and 5 year old daughters gobbled up their food and before we left, they surprised our daughters with their own pack of silly bands for free. My girls were so happy and it was truly a nice gesture. We live 45 minutes away but frequent the area when we go to the beach - we will plan to return the next time we are in town. Thanks Two Sisters for your humor and knowledge on great customer service.

New York City, New York
“We come back every summer, and every summer Patty remembers us!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We love this place, it truly is the best b'fast EVER. We are from nyc and come to visit fmily here every summer for past 6 years, and every summer Patty the owner remembers my husband and I and all our kids, and greets us, chats with us, and makes us feel great about being in her joint.... We need a Two Sisters in NY!!!!! There isn't a place that we've been to here (in any of the boroughs!) that serves it up like they do, the breads alone are a fave for us! Just authentic,cooked to perfection, and just yummy and worth every calorie....we'll see you next august Two Sisters!! (p.s.- It's def. small, so plan accordingly b/c you will def. wait. We are a family of 5 so we always go early to ensure the only big table in the back.... )

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Best breakfast around!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have the fortune of going to breakfast most Saturdays at Two Sisters. It has a fantastic environment - humor, friendliness and fantastic food! I wouldn't miss it.

Denver, Colorado
“Best Gloucester Local Flavor Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I stopped in Gloucester while on summer vacation and took in all that this fishing village had to offer - including the best local breakfast dive in town. Two Sisters is small and not fancy, but just right for what we craved - a down-home breakfast. The food is excellent! I had the egg in a hole while he had the biscuits and gravy - both were awesome. The service was quick and friendly - we were there early on a Saturday. If I lived there, I'd be a regular.

Chicago
“Mouthwatering breakfasts in a no-fuss, maybe even slightly salty atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We just completed a stay in Gloucester and having heard raves about this place had to check it out. Apparently they are known for their corned beef hash so my husband, being the diehard hash fan, had to go. The food was so good. Incredible egg in the hole made with anadama bread (a New England style sweet bread). The perfect breakfast potatoes, all crusty and browned and delicious. Crispy bacon devoured alongside my daughter's chocolate chip pancake ,which was truly the best I'd ever tasted. And of course, the hash - husband gave it two very enthusiastic thumbs up. We had to go back a second time on the last day of our vacation. Now, remember everyone, this isn't the Ritz-Carlton, so the ladies who own the coffee shop are friendly in their own down-home Gloucester kind of way. They may not be everyone's version of charm-school perfect, but I liked them, they were sweet to our daughter, quick with the coffee refills and bottom line, made delicious food that we are still thinking about days later. Definitely highly recommend as a local, fun place for a great breakfast with zero fuss.