From the start, it was bad. We arrived after a 6 hour drive only to be told they didn't have a room available. I had made the reservation months earlier and had called a few days before to confirm and was told everything was fine. To the front desk clerk's credit, she did find us the room we wanted.
The room was grungy, only topically clean. The bathroom reminded me of something from a USSR prison or 70's gas station. The shower/tub didn't drain and the flush ran and ran at times. The deck view was terrible and the stink at low tide awful. So much for a water view!
We almost asked for a refund, but since we were had a two day show, we were tired, and the price was less than $100 per night, we decided to tough it out and stay. Looking back, I certainly would not stay again. And next time, I will ask to SEE the room BEFORE checking in.
I do want to mention again the lady at the front desk was very helpful, but she probably sensed I was about to turn into a homicidal maniac if we didn't get a room ASAP.
Although a it's called a resort, don't be fooled as we were. I will add the restaurant at the marina, The Gull, was wonderful. The best sirlion I've had in years, no lie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our year-round hotel features on-the-water rooms with balconies overlooking beautiful salt water marshes. Walk from your room through our indoor skywalks to our lobby, Spa, pool, jacuzzi, and function room. Spend time relaxing at our indoor, glass enclosed year-round chlorine-free pool and jacuzzi or catch some rays on the sun deck overlooking the Annisquam River and marina. Enjoy a relaxing treatment from our Spa menu or participate in one of our Wellness Classes including Yoga, and Pilates - be sure to treat yourself, while you are here! Dine and unwind after a day of whale watching, fishing or shopping at our NEW waterside tent bar & cafe (seasonal), Mile Marker One. Enjoy your favorite drink, and watch the boats go by. All located on premise. A great place for couples, families, corporate business travel, reunions, clambakes, weddings, groups and tours, and get togethers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Cape Ann's Marina Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Ann`s Marina Hotel Gloucester
- Cape Ann Marinas Hotel
- Cape Ann Marinas Gloucester
- Cape Ann's Marina Resort Gloucester, MA