“Welcome to the 70s!”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Gloucester
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
“Welcome to the 70s!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place is in serious need of an update in terms of decor and mondernization but then again..maybe that was just part of the charm! It was clean just dated!

Overall we didn't mind the place. It reminded us of beach getaway when we were kids! The view overlooking the water was beautiful, especially in the morning.

The breakfast at the on-site restaurant was delish. The staff was OK..not overly friendly, but not rude either. There is an indoor pool which we didn't use but it appeared to be clean and well-kept.

I don't think I would hurry back but it was OK!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BINK61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Albany, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Rooms need a good overhaul. Beds are comfy, fridge in room and TV. Bathroom is small with no ventilation. Could use a remodel. Nice that there is an indoor pool and hot tub. Bar in pool with a DJ on weekends. Fills up fast with a younger crowd. Bartender was great though.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank kampinggal
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking for a clean room, in the middle of the Wicked Tuna fishing boats, this is the place you want to be. The rooms are very small, and quite dated, but they are clean. The beds were very comfortable, and the down comforters were great! We had 2 adults and 1 child in the room, and after we got our luggage in the room, there wasn't anywhere left to walk!
Pool was nice, very warm, and very clean. Same with hot tub.
We would stay there again if we are lucky enough to return to the Gloucester area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristine S
Northampton, MA
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Having kayaked on the Annisquam River in the past, it is a real treat for us to stay at the Cape Ann Marina Hotel in different seasons. True, the rooms are a bit outdated and the bed mattress was probably due for replacement but everything was clean, the staff were friendly, outgoing and very helpful and the breakfasts were delicious and generous in portion size. The views are spectacular! The heated pool and hot tub were perfect especially as a Nor'Easter roared outside all day. The hotel's proximity to a movie theater (an easy walk down the street) was an extra. Next to the theater is the Causeway seafood restaurant and is a wild, not-to-be-missed experience unto itself for fried, baked and grilled seafood. In not too far away Ipswich is the incomparable Zabaglione's Ristaurante which boasts superb gourmet Italian dining in an intimate, quiet setting. Mid-week is particularly quiet at the hotel in winter.

Room Tip: For the best views, ask for the top floor and for quiet, seek the last room at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul F
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Recently I have had the need to stay in Gloucester on business and have found Cape Ann Marina a satisfying retreat at the end of the day. While I have only stayed at the property on the off season, I was able to enjoy both the pool and the hot tub bar area. The staff is very genuine and accommodating. As a mother of two, who rarely gets away without my children, I was delighted to have my glass of Pinot Grigio delivered to me while I soaked in the hot tub and caught up on my magazines.

While the standard rooms are fairly basic, the property does have suites. I stayed both times on the first level in a king room with the charming addition of a second door opening directly onto the marina. My door was steps away from the docks where I could watch the boats come and go from their slips. In the morning, I could open the door and see all the way to the Atlantic Ocean while listening to the gulls and sipping on my coffee. The laid back feel of the property during the off season has been a pleasing diversion from my work week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank leighcarmen
Upstate NY
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really needed a quick getaway ...and the ocean is always welcome whatever the season. I searched and found the marina resort on the internet. I read the reviews and the price was right. We arrived around 2:30 and our rooms were available. I chose the 3rd floor based on others reviews. So glad we did the view was perfect off of the balcony. Rooms were very clean and well equipped. I dont understand when people complained , our room seemed recently remodeled. King size bed, sitting area with a love seat, fridge and microwave. After dinner we went down to the pool area. The hot tub was hot! I guess we just aren't used to 103*... the pool was very nice too. The bar in the pool area was open which was very convenient. We ended up spending the rest of the evening talking with the locals and Stephanie the bartender was excellent! She gave us lots of ideas for our sightseeing adventure the next day. We had breakfast both Saturday and Sunday mornings at the restaurant on site...and it was excellent. Food , service, and views of the harbor were perfect. We ate dinner downtown at The Gloucester House on Saturday night... delicious! There was a dj down at the pool area/bar on Saturday night...but we decided to enjoy our big comfy bed and stay in.
I would definitely choose to stay here again if in the area. This area has so much history and the locals were all so friendly. I'm glad we chose Gloucester for our weekend away.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have the best views, but no elevators. Also ask for a room that is not under the p...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sockiegirl
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife have been traveling to Gloucester for more years than i want to state. In almost all cases we stay for long weekends at the Marina (an average of three to four times a year). We have never been disappointed except the year we traveled on a get a way and discovered half of the accomodations we sitting at the bottom of the marina due to a terrible storm. We love it and recommend the hotel to any one. PS bring your bathing suit as the pool is absolutely great.. Oh Yeah - the staff is so accomodating keeping the room and surroundings in top notch condition..

see you soon

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rich D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Beauport Hotel
#2 of 7 in Gloucester
Sea Lion Motel
Sea Lion Motel
#5 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Cape Ann's Marina Resort? Share your experiences!