Cape Ann's Marina Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$125
The Vista(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$125
$105
Sea Lion Motel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$104
$89
Rockport Inn and Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
Eagle House Motel(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$118
Hotels.com
Eagle House Beachside(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$128
$158
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolwatch the boatschowdergreat tastegreat lunchhaddockthe penthousehotel restaurantlove this placefloor roomcomfortable bedsgreat viewshared balconynew englandshort drivedeckdrawbridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stay during June 18 to 20, 2012 The property have a great location and the staf is great. The views are nice and very quiet during my stay. The hotel can be better with few improvements. First, I will love new beds, when you are far from home the best you need is a very good mattress. I don't use the restaurant but during my stay was opend. I think we need to give the information to the manager in order for them to work and repair the hotel. This hotel have a great potential.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Abraham R
Reviewed June 20, 2012

If your goal is to have someplace to relax yet stay close to activities please consider the Cape Ann Marina. While the Cape Ann Marina doesn't offer newly renovated rooms with flat screen tvs they do offer a clean room with the basic necessities, a great view of the draw bridge and a very curteous and helpful staff. Certain days of the week they offer great whale watching packages. We will be returning to Cape Ann Marina. Maybe next time I will enjoy some of the services they offer at their spa.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PAfamilyfun
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed here while in the area for a wedding. The one plus was the nice view of the harbor. The minuses though... Their web site billed them as being a resort, with 2 restaurants, massage and facials, etc. When we asked about these we were told that their restaurant was due to open mid June (it was already June 14) and they never gave an explanation about their 2nd restaurant.  Massages were available with 24 hr notice, but the facial person was sick and wouldn't be back for a week. The bar was only open for a private event. We asked where a grocery store was for some morning food and we were directed to the Mobil station convenience store 1/2 block away. All of this was problematic because the location is very isolated with all the restaurants and grocery stores a couple miles away in town and we didn't have a car. Luckily, there was one great locals restaurant a couple blocks away (the Causeway) and the Mobil station had a Dunkin Doughnuts.  As to the accommodations, the room was on the dingy side with uneven painted walls, the mini fridge and microwave sat out in the hallway and the office closed at 10pm so we couldn't get any ice after that. The walls were very thin and the first night we listened to an insomniac pace the floor above us. I didn't think the prices were in line with their quality (or lack of) and overall it was definitely not what I would call a self contained "resort".

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank j9ofhmb
Reviewed June 17, 2012

By the looks of their website, this place looked like a resort with a lot of amenities. In reality things are a little different. It's kind of away from Downtown where there is nothing going on. It's set back and tucked away amidst a bunch of boats and buildings. It has a small docking area where people keep their boats. It's situated on a canal/river area. There is no restaurant that I could discern. Only a bar at the pool and another deck type bar. When I inquired about my free river cruise, (website says free river sunset cruise for guests, this was a selling point for me!) I was told, "Oh sorry, that's on Monday's only". The website does not specify this exactly, only says runs from June to Labor Day (hello it is June!). The room we had was updated with new furniture, but the rugs were just yucky. The king size bed was kind of uncomfortable. All in all, it was just OK, nothing really memorable. The highlight of the stay was when my husband noticed the boat from the show "Wicked Tuna" was docked there ( Tuna.com) My husband loves that show.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RF4ever
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in mid-March for a family wedding. I was worried when another family member called before we got there to say we might want to inquire about getting our money back and finding elsewhere to stay as other guests were unimpressed. When we arrived, we found there was an error in our reservation and we were booked for one night instead of two. The person attending the desk was apologetic and worked hard to remedy the situation. We ended up with a room to sleep in the night of the wedding, but had to move from our king room to a room with double beds. We were offered a discount for our trouble, which we appreciated. As other reviewers stated, the furnishings, decor and bathroom are definitely shabby and outdated. However, I found that our room was very clean and it was convenient to the wedding, which is all I really cared about. Several other guests complained of the discomfort of their beds, but I did not have this problem. I think this was very poor value for the money spent (we stayed at a nice new waterfront hotel in Salem a few days later in a junior executive suite for only $5 more than what we paid here and it was much nicer). However, since the wedding was off-season in Gloucester, I suppose the marina can charge what it wants since it is one of the only places open. I would not recommend this place to others unless the price starts to reflect the budget accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family