“Amazing Food and Beautiful View”
Review of Market

Market
Ranked #44 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I have been wanting to try the Market all summer long. We finally made it there last night and loved the food, service and setting. Since it is already September and they close at the end of the month we plan to go back as many times as possible before the season ends! We sat out on the porch with a great view of the Annisquam River and Lobster Cove. We often kayak along this waterway, so it was a fun and different view of all the boat traffic. We both had a salad of heirloom tomatoes, baby lettuce and basil that was absolutely delicious. However the entree was even better, seared scallops on a bed of lobster saffron rissotto, corn and cherry tomatoes. The scallops melted in your mouth and the risotto was yummy. If you are looking for an extensive menu, huge portions, and a large wine list, you probably would not be happy here. Instead if you are looking for delicious fresh and local food, a small but excellent wine list, great service, and outdoor seating with a beautiful view this is the place for you. It is a little on the pricey side, but definitely worth the price. I only wish they were open year round.

There are newer reviews for Market

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The best way to dine here is by boat. Unfortunately, the only dock is the fuel dock so you'll have to make prior arrangements. Once inside (or out, on the deck) you'll be treated to imaginatively prepared local fare. Really good!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Live on the North Shore and had read about the Market Restaurant and could not wait to try it. I was not disappointed. There is nothing like the flavor of just picked vegetables. This is the first time I had a tomato in a restaurant that had not been refrigerated and just melted in your mouth. The home made ravioli was tender like I've never experienced before. I could identify and taste every ingredient. The menu is limited and changes daily. In my experience, smaller menus generally mean better food and is definitely true here. The Market Restaurant is high quality food all the way. So, if you are looking for heaping portions of fried food - this place is not for you. I was unable to get a reservation so I sat at the bar, which my husband and I like to do anyway. People were friendly, patrons and staff alike.
The restaurant is located in a spot with prime views of the water on 2 sides. It is casual, yet intimate.
Parking is tight in the quaint area where the restaurant is located, and you may have to drive up the street and walk a couple of minutes, where you can take in the water views.
This is definitely a keeper. It is too bad there are not more restaurants of this caliber around. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

From the moment I learned of the existence of the Market, I've been wanting to go here. It completely lived up to expectations. I went to Brunch but cannot wait to go back for dinner. The brunch items were simple but the Huervos Rancheros were absolutely delicious. The little dollop of avocado made the dish. The eggs were perfectly cooked as were the homemade tortillas.

Brunch is reasonably priced...dinner looks a bit on the pricey side but the menu (which changes daily) always looks amazing.

The view from the outside deck, is beautiful and relaxing.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We've been to Market for dinner four times over the past year. The food is very good—honest, earnest, local, not fussy but just simply delicious; yesterday I had the bean salad and the swordfish entree and finished with the peach galette. The waitstaff are genuinely friendly and skilled. The wine list is short but good, full of interesting choices. But best of all is the setting, if you eat outdoors. Inside can be noisy. Outside can be heavenly. Enjoy!