“Best value for seafood”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Decatur, Georgia
“Best value for seafood”
Reviewed April 15, 2009

The restaurant isn't much to look at on the inside or outside but was recommended to us as a place where the locals go for good seafood. We were not disappointed. My husband and I shared a bowl of fish chowder which was loaded with fish and was very good. We each got a sandwich and were amazed at the portion size: huge pieces of good quality fish! The best deal for your money we found during our trip.

• Korean first
boston ma
“a must visit eatery”
Reviewed October 9, 2008

great food, great service and cheap prices
my new favorite place

1 Thank bigdon98
upstate New York
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Great local place that many tourists don't seem to know about. The portions are HUGE and the food very tasty. The fisherman's platter falls off the plate. The fried shrimp is the best in Gloucester! Their breading is just very light and tasty. And the prices! What deals. HINT: you can share the portions, the chicken parm is enough for two adults, as is the veal parm and Chicken Abruzzi (sp?). I think Thursday and Friday is when they have their Prime Rib special. The meat looked great, although we didn't get it this trip. The only down side, if there is a down side, is the long wait. Try to go a bit earlier (4:30 or 5:00) and you may not have to wait. Oh, and bring your own wine/beer...you can buy some at the store right next door! We went here twice this trip it was so good! Don't miss it!

1 Thank nsunukji
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Local Restaurant Across From Cape Ann's Marina”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We stayed at Cape Ann's Marina in October of 2005. Since we arrived around noon we decided to check out the local eateries and found the Causeway Restaurant right across the street. When we arrived and were seated the wait staff told us if we wanted beer or liquor to walk next door to the attached liquor store - which I did. Since it was lunch time the place was full and very busy. We were waited on fairly quickly however and spent the next few minutes marveling at the efficiency of the wait staff serving food almost on the run! As one lady server whizzed past me she asked if I was Ok? I replied, "Yes but starving!" No sooner had I uttered the (half-joking) remark, she returned with a large bowl of clam chowder (pronounced - chow-dah!) - on the house! I did finish the chowder (excellent!!) but could not finish the large serving of equally, excellent special of the day - seafood casserole!! We are returning to Cape Ann's in September of 2008 and you can definitely expect us to revisit the Causeway Restaurant!! A great local place to visit and eat!!!

1 Thank redvegas
cambridge
“seafood platter”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

the best seafood i have had in a long time. very busy but thats becuse the food is so good.

1 Thank pastty56