“This may be my new favorite restaurant”

Duckworth's Bistrot
Ranked #1 of 140 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Simsbury, Connecticut
“This may be my new favorite restaurant”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We visited Rockport in February. I was looking for a new restaurant to try and found out about Duckworth's Bistrot by researching Yelp reviews.

One important thing to know is that you should make sure to make reservations a few days in advance because they are very popular.

The food was absolutely incredible and we LOVED the fact that you can get appetizer-sized portions of the entrées. We tried a duck dish, a scallops dish, a steak dish and a haddock dish - and each of them was delicious. I will be returning often and recommending Duckworth's to friends and family.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Chelsea G

Massachusetts
“Terrific dining experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A wonderful dining experience, a fantastic chief and very attentive staff . Because it is a small intimate setting, reservations need to be made well in advance. The banana cake is luscious !

• Visited October 2013
Rockport, Massachusetts
“No better meal on Cape Ann”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I have a standing reservation at this fabulous establishment. The staff is attentive and really want you to have a great dining experience. The combination of the sides with the main course always make for a delicous meal and if you want to substitute the staff is helpful with suggestions that also compliment the dish. I wholeheartedly agree with earlier reviews that it is great to have an option to order a smaller size portion, but the food is sooo good I always want to order a full portion so I can have some for lunch the next day! The deserts are homemade by the chef's wife and are out of this world. We have been eating at this restaurant for over five years now and I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal once. The value you get here far surpasses other more expensive Cape Ann restaurants with food that is just not as good. We will continue to dine here on a regular basis and bring our friends as well. Make sure to call ahead for a reservation.

• Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing! Not to be missed!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Chef Ken Duckworth, his wonderful pastry chef wife Nicole and their outstanding staff make each visit to their restuarant memorable. the menu features all locally sourced food, expertly prepared by Ken and served by the incredible staff. The menu changes daily and one of the very nice features is that you can order a half order which is perfect for me. Make sure you save room for one of Nicole's delicious deserts. There is a full bar and a great wine list.
The restaurant is tiny so it is smart to make reservations. There is a bar that seats six so if you want to sit there reservations are imperative.

• Visited December 2013
Gloucester, MA
“Consistently the best meal in Gloucester”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is definitely a go to restaurant for us for any special occassion and lovely for when we just want a really nice night out. The food is outstanding and the service is wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful and not hovering. Some of my favorites are the mushroom soup, seafood stew, seafood risotto and the steak (truly prepared to your taste). We always start with a half dozen oysters on the half shell with their house made mignonette and cocktail sauce with a perfectly composed martini. The spicy pickle martini is very nice indeed! They are true believers in locally sourced food and the care and attention put into every aspect (meal, drinks, service) will put a smile on your face. A great feature is that most of their menu can be ordered in full or half plates. We always get the half plates (2 each) and share so we can enjoy more of the menu. Word of advice...call early for reservations, especially for weekends and even more so in the summer.

• Visited January 2014