“A very busy restaurant!”

Duckworth's Bistrot
Ranked #1 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ate dinner in this restaurant last night. There was no room at a table, so we sat at the bar. It was amazing to watch the efficient and very busy waiters. There were so many good choices on the menu. We liked that 1/2 servings were offered at just a little over half the price of a full serving. My husband and I often share a maincourse, so this was very welcome. We didn't have to choose the same thing. I loved the seafood stew that was recommended to me. My husband wasn't as happy with his meat loaf. He said that the brussels sprouts were the best part of his meal. The service was exceptional!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Duckworth's Bistrot is a special restaurant. The food is local, fresh and prepared excellently. The service is great.
The restaurant is relatively small, so reservations are necessary.

1  Thank riny
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Duckworth's is not only the best restaurant in Gloucester, or on Cape Ann - it may be the best in New England. One excellent feature is that entrees are available in half-portions, so you can try two! Nice little bar, as well.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went to Rockport for a few days to celebrate my 50th birthday. Our innkeeper suggested Duckworth's. When we were first seated, I have to say I was intimidated by the menu. There were not a lot of things on the menu that I would typically eat. We both went with the Flank Steak. OUT OF THIS WORLD. Easily one of the best steaks ever. The rolls were amazing and I really enjoyed the Caesar salad. The waiter was attentive and professional. All in all a great way to celebrate my 50th. YOU NEED RESERVATIONS.

2  Thank Mark01527
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had dinner on Thursday evening for my girlfriend's birthday. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. They have a full bar and local beers. The restaurant is small (seating maybe 35 people) but bright and cheery. There are plenty of options to choose from on the menu.

We shared the polenta and mushrooms for an appetizer and it was great. She had the halibut and I had the seafood stew. Both were delicious. We finished by sharing the banana cake (which the waitress said was their signature dessert - though my girlfriend was eyeing 2 or 3 other desserts that sounded great), The cake really was incredible.

The waitress was very attentive and pleasant.

One of the really nice aspects of the restaurant is that the serve full and half portions. The half polenta was 2 big pieces, the half portion of halibut was 4 ounces and the half portion of stew was plenty for me.

The prices were also very reasonable with the half portions. We had 1 beer, the half appitizer, 2 half dinners and the cake and coffee and the bill was under $60.

It was a great experience for dinner in every way!