We been at the Bass Rock three times on the last three years, and we have only good things to say about the place. We stayed at the main house (stacy house) and requested the same room everytime, number 502 is our house in Gloucester, it have a bedroom and a living room with a little kitchen, they even have dishes and silverware, two flat screens tvs and dvds players, they offer free rental movies. If next summer that room is booked for the dates we planning to travel we sure will change our date. The smell of fresh baked cookies in the lobby on the afternoon is just irresistible, and the cookies and tea are complimentary. Even if you do not stay in the Stacy house all the rooms have a great view and me and hubby enjoying going up to the roofing where they have benchs to sit. It's magical to hear the waves during the night, a very romantic feeling. The Bass is our lovely getaway, for some quality time with each other. The breakfast is very good and have everything is necessary to start well your day, coffee,milk, juice, cereal, fruits, baked goods etc...
The service was always very friendly. So as I said before I just love this place. Do not expect a high end hotel, but a lovely charming magical place by the water. They offer bicicles and have a golf field right behind the hotel. Cape Ann area has a lot to do and see, make sure you go for a whale watch trip, some shopping in Rockport, visit the Hammond castle and never leave Gloucester without having a lobster bake. I personally recommend "The Rudder", great food also very nice atmosphere, is by the water and people even arrive by boat. Not a luxury restaurant, but a true New England gem. We will be back this summer and many others to come on our room 502.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester
- Ocean House Hotel At Bass Rocks Gloucester, MA - Cape Ann