Very nice hotel on the Atlantic Ocean (Cape Ann). We stayed in late Sept.
Pros: Nice large rooms with very comfortable beds, great views from every room of the ocean, plenty of parking, out of the busy areas of town, nice staff, I would say one of the best choices to stay in the area.
Cons: Breakfast could be a bit better. They had coffee, OJ, and assortment of blueberry muffins, fruit and cheese. But for the cost of the room they could provide a bit better breakfast. One thing that I did not like was the balcony that over looked the ocean. Great view but zero privacy. They did not have any dividers or walls up to separate each room – just one large balcony. Pricy – but I guess you get what you pay for…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester
- Ocean House Hotel At Bass Rocks Gloucester, MA - Cape Ann