We stayed for two nights on an October weekend and were very pleased with our stay. Beautiful weather, ocean, town and motel. The room (Room 215) was very clean and spacious except for the bathroom which was small but that didn't bother us. The staff were very pleasent. The road in front of the hotel was not very busy and did not really detract from the ocean views. However we were there later in October after the peak season. Even though we were there on a beautiful weekend there were not too many people golfing and didn't notice them or hear them until we left the room. The balcony is not private but it is very roomy with seating for 4 and a coffee table. The only inconvenience was there being no microwave in the room. We did have a small fridge and coffee maker. The continental breakfast was simple but had fresh baked muffins and cookies! The cookies were available at all hours which made it nice to drop in for tea/coffee and snack during the day. The hot apple cider, available during the evenings, was excellent. We will be returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester
- Ocean House Hotel At Bass Rocks Gloucester, MA - Cape Ann