Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks
The Vista(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$125
$105
Great 4.5/5
Sea Lion Motel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$104
Very Good 4/5
Beauport Hotel Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$169
$160
$117
Good 3.5/5
$89
Eagle House Motel(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$118
Very Good 4/5
Eagle House Beachside(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$128
$158
Excellent 5/5
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$145
Great 4.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbassfire pitcookiesstacy housepool tablestarbucks coffeedvd libraryquichewedding cakecontinental breakfastbilliard roomthe main housesecond floorhot tubbagelsbeautiful place to staygreat view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to get away for a couple of days with our in-laws. There is an illness in the family and we were all quite stressed. I read many of the reviews on this site and decided Bass Rocks Ocean Inn had many of the amenities I was looking for. From the initial phone call to book the reservation, the staff was very friendly and empathetic. Brandon was able to book perfect accommodations for us despite very short notice, and was friendly and informative throughout our stay. There are many complimentary bonuses, such as nightly fresh chocolate chip cookies, free bicycle rentals, and a wide selection of complimentary DVD movies all at your disposal. The continental breakfast had the most extensive selection I have ever seen and was delicious. The accommodations were spacious and very clean. The mattresses were very comfortable. Best of all was the view. We stayed at a second floor ocean view room which had a balcony with wicker seating for each customer to enjoy the amazing sunrises. There is a road between the inn and the shore, however the beauty of the ocean makes the road hardly noticeable. The room also overlooked their oversized, outdoor heated pool which was well maintained by the groundskeeper Mark and very refreshing on a couple of scorching days. We didn't get to use the billiards room, but it was very nice and complimentary as well. I found the cost of the stay to be very reasonable. Downtown Gloucester and Rockport, as well as many of the beaches, were within a short driving distance. There was a golf course directly behind the inn. Everyone at the inn were very cordial and were happy to help. Listening to the waves crash onto the shore at night and gazing out at the horizon was the serenity we all needed. The only thing I would recommend is installing an outdoor hot tub in pool area and this place would be PERFECT! We didnt bring our children on this trip, but the resort is family friendly and we will definitely be returning with them!

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room with an Oceanside view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sally M
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The view from our room was gorgeous and falling asleep to the crashing waves was beyond relaxing. We stayed on the second floor with a balcony and the room was large, clean, and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful starting with Brandon at the front desk. My son enjoyed the fresh chocolate chip cookies and lemonade but there was also tea and Starbucks Coffee available in the lobby. Great hotel, definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank monkey098
Reviewed June 15, 2012

It was my husbands 65th Birthday and I gave him a surprise trip for a few days away on the ocean. I saw the web site for Bass Rocks Ocean Inn and booked the trip on line, not knowing anything other then the web info. Boy did I pick-em!!! This inn was wonderful for many reasons.
It had the best views being right accross from the ocean and at night you could hear the waves crashing. The room was perfect. From what we could see I believe every room was perfect for ocean viewing. Hospitality was the best from Brandon, who was great and very helpful, to everyone there. The Blueberry Muffins coupled with Starbucks coffee and great chocolate chip cookies topped the stay off. Bass Rocks Ocean Inn is also a good start off point location if you want to spend time at any coastal beach setting or a short trip to Rockport.

Thanks Bass Rocks Ocean Inn

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mcapollo
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband, my twin 6-year olds and I spent 3 nights at the Bass Rocks Ocean Inn over the Memorial Day weekend. We had a fabulous time and can't wait to return! When I reserved our room, we had a choice of a 1st floor room with a patio or a 2nd floor room, for a little more money, with a balcony. We chose the 1st floor, and I am really glad we did. While I am sure the balcony rooms had a better view of the ocean, we were placed in one of two rooms that had a large patio from which we could walk straight into the heated pool. Since my twins wanted to spend much of their time in the pool, this was perfect for us! The hotel rooms and grounds were extremely well maintained -- they cleaned the pool twice a day -- and the breakfast was very nice. My kids especially loved the warm chocolate chip cookies and lemonade that were available in the afternoon and evening and my husband and I enjoyed the all day free Starbuck's coffee. The amazing view of the ocean was the icing on the cake! We can't wait to go back! One tip, if you would like to go to good harbor beach (it can be seen from the hotel and is only a short drive from the hotel), the front desk will give you a discounted parking pass ($10 off or $25). Once you enter the beach parking lot, you can come and go all day for one price.

Room Tip: If you have children who want to swim in the pool, request room 105 or 106.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank M0MofTWINS
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed at the Bass Rocks Ocean Inn over the Memorial Day weekend. The rooms were very clean with a gorgeous view! We checked in the hotel with Brandon, and he went over and beyond to help us make our stay wonderful . The continental breakfast and hot chocolate chip cookies were a great bonus. The only complaint was the bathrooms were a little small, but very clean. We will definitely be back to visit the Bass Rocks Ocean Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area, because the pool area can obstruct your view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple