“Good local restaurant”

Ranked #19 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Located on Rocky Neck, very good food, fresh seafood. Somewhat expensive but it's pretty average for the area. We had very good service on an extremely busy night, our waitress kept up with everything. Overall, a great local place!

1  Thank Cgparrot

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We made last minute reservations and let me tell you, for a Saturday night we got one of the last spots for the entire night. The tuna tartar was sushi grade and excellent. The Ginger and Wasabi was some of the most pure I have ever had. You can dock and dine (check tide charts), or drive / walk and dine. Parking is a little tight, but you can get creative. We had Lobster Cakes, and Lobster & Shrimp Scampi Entrees. Delectable and fresh. Frankie was wonderful taking care of us for our last night's dinner in Gloucester. Finally - we were told this was a Gloucester area icon and it did not disappoint - a nice water view topped it off. Would definitely come here again on our next trip to the area.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I just got back from a delightful dining experience at the Rudder Restaurant. We went without reservations and had a bit of a wait but we expected it. Once we were seated our waitress came right over and couldn't be more friendly and accommodating to our needs. The meal we both had we delicious and plentiful to our needs and appetites. So if you are looking for fine dining, reasonable prices and a great view - go to The Rudder.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Since we live in Gloucester, we've been to almost all the restaurant's in town! But some we save for "special" occasions. Not that you should! The food here is very good and you can actually get a "meal" that isn't "fried seafood"...although that is also on the menu. My tuna tartar app was beyond marvelous, in fact, next time I'm just going to have 2 of them! We both had the specials
of the day, both fish (tuna & halibut) and both were great. Lovely water view...enjoy!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The staff makes this place! I stopped in just before close as I came into town late on a Thurs night. The kitchen was just closed but they kept it open for me to grab a quick bite to eat.
The ladies at the bar were amazing! So friendly and helpful :)
I'm only sad I didn't get a change to go back for dinner! Trip was too busy :(
Thanks again for the amazing experience.