“One of the best restaurants around!”

Azorean Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Azorean Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
MA
“One of the best restaurants around!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stopped here after a long day at the beach. It was a little busy and loud, but the food was out of this world. My husband ordered Azorean steak tips and hasn't stopped talking about it since. Everyone in our party devoured the bread and dipping oil that was placed at the tables while waiting for our meals. My grilled veggie salad was topped off with perfectly grilled shrimp and the kids were eager to dive into their pizzas. There is something for everyone.

Ballston Spa, New York
“A nice meal at the Azorean”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I dined here on a recent trip to Gloucester. I had the surf & turf (2 stuffed shrimp, braised beef, potatoes and asparagus). I thought it was very good. You can substitute other meats if braised beef isn't your thing. My husband had the seafood stew which he really enjoyed. Portions are big. Service was good even though it was a busy Saturday night. I would come again.

Ludlow, Massachusetts
“Delicious Portuguese food”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Great selection of Portuguese favorites all cooked to order and served hot. All entrees were delicious and prepared exactly as ordered. Great value and attentive staff.

Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth taking a trip to Fall River Academica for the "real thing"”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

3 of us ordered steaks and let me say they really sucked. It was tuff full of fat and the molho (marinade) was just tomatoe based loaded with hot pepper. The rice was dry. Ok enough with the steak plate. My wife ordered a cod plate and this was just bones with little meat to enjoy. Let me tell ya if your going charge 17 for steak and 20 for cod make it a good memory. Now service. She was rude and not at the same level as the other waitresses. Example we took a small piece of steak and some fries home for the dog and she just tossed us the take out tray. While other waitresses was taking the plate to the back and putting it in the tray and bagging it. Next example other tables was getting chocolate moouse with a dessert cookie in it while ours just came with spoons. There was a a lot of hype about this place. All I see it's only if you want to impress somebody with the atmosphere and high prices. Trust me it's not for the food. I'm a portuguese azorrean and this place will not see another dime from me. I will Take the over one hour drive to a much better
place and no not cause of the money cause of the poor quality.

1 Thank Ssoares1
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Good change from the usual. Very nice service and good food.”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

It is good to try something new. The Bacalao though very salty and hard/dry was a good meal that I really enjoyed. The rest of the food was good (Octopus and Calamari).

Service was super nice on a Friday night.

A good restaurant however if you are a tourist and want to enjoy Gloucester itself head to Rocky Neck.