“Great Portugese food!”

Azorean Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Azorean Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The portugese restaurant in our city (Peabody) closed down a while age . I really missed authentic fPortugese food and then I found the Azorean . Owned and operated by a lovely Portugese couple . The restaurant is very authentically decorated ,the staff is very knowledgeable and the food was wonderful . The have excellent Tapas and an original Tapas Tower which was 5 tapas of your choice. The food is presented nicely with just the right amount of seasoning. You get more then enough with your dinner . I had soup just like my grandmother used to make me . You can order as small a meal or enough to satisfy the largest eater . The restaurant is a bit noisy when crowded ,however you can also find a cozy corner ,great for large groups also . Give it a try ,you wont be sorry !

There are newer reviews for Azorean Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Went there for lunch and order steamed clams and a Portuguese stew my wife and were sicknthat evening. I would not recommand this restaurant to nobody. Lack of quality control. Those two dishes must had old fish broth and old sea food not fresh as they publicize on the radio. Very disappointed.

4  Thank c k
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a wonderful meal at the Azorean - appetizers tried were the cheese board and Linquica with Pineapple.
Entrees Shrimp Mozambique - beautiful, large shrimp in delicious sauce with rice & Azorean Steak Tips - cooked to perfect and so tasty! Great service and, if you purchase a bottle of wine and don't finish you can bring with you.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I've been at least 6 time since 2012 at the lovely place. I like very much the Portuguese/Azorean themes, decoration and the people that work there are so cool. I love it.
Every time we go there we like it.
Good food and the price is right.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Went there with friends. The bar was very busy, but the staff was very attentive, and service was excellent. We had a table reservation, and it was ready for our group at the appointed time. There were more than enough hostess and wait staff people, and service was efficient and timely. We had drinks and a shared appetizer, and we were quite satisfied. After some waiting, the waitress came to the table very apologetically and announced that a table of 25 in the back room had kitchen priority, and we would have to wait up to 45 minutes for our entrees. She offered complimentary drinks and more appetizers, but we waited it out. The restaurant was very busy, but surely the majority of the tables and the big party were not a surprise. It can only be that the management of the kitchen is severely lacking. I think the wait staff were beside themselves in making excuses and apologizing, but clearly they had no control over the kitchen. That said, the food was good. Whether it's authentic Azorean or not, I have no idea, but it was well prepared, and I believe all of us enjoyed the food. The table service was excellent, but with the kitchen problem, I couldn't give it 5 stars overall.