“Tower of Tapas”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Six tapas. Big enough portions that we had leftovers. Many many to choose from. We had grilled calamari, smoky fava beans, octopus with carmelized onions, braised beef, mussels, baby artichokes followed by flan and all washed down with red sangria. Excellent all around. Great place.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband wanted to try this restaurant, but it was an hours drive from home and I was a little skeptical. No need to be, this was a very good choice. We had a lovely waitress, who served us fresh bread with an olive oil and olives plate. We each had a cocktail and my husband ordered the mussels for an appetizer. He really enjoyed them. I had the lobster casserole and my husband had baked haddock with lobster topping. It wasn't easy making a selection, as there were many choices that sounded great! We both enjoyed our meal very much. The restaurant has lots of tables and lots of staff. We would definitely go to this restaurant again.

1  Thank Katenh50
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was in Gloucester mass home of some of the best fish resturants around why I let my wife talk me into Portuguese food I'll never know. We started out with Portuguese soup which was suppose to have a Portuguese sausage in it ,I've had it before that wasn't Portuguese sausage in it. I ordered scallops in a ( special) cracker baked,first of all they were the big bay scallops which were just barely cooked enough,second the ( special) cracker bake tasted like someone took a handful of Ritz crackers crumbled them in their hand and put it in with the scallops. My wife got steak tips I think someone cut them off a old tire,over cooked ,dry, And they we're suppose to come in a sauce ????.i ALWAYS take food home but not this time. Great decor but I've learned when your in a town noted for fish go to a fish resturant and don't listen to your wife.

4  Thank Mark J
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Ate at the Azorean while staying in Gloucester. The food was good and the service was excellent. Nice change from the standard seafood restaurants.

1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Azorean Steak tips are incredible. Also, the red sangria is one of my favorites. We also ordered the chocolate mousse for dessert.

3  Thank Jenna W