“Beyond my expectations”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Went to the azorean for my daughters birthday. Greeted by a hostess who told us it would be a 40 minute wait. Another employee overheard and offered to clear a table in a somewhat awkward place (right outside kitchen ). It was perfect for us ! The "owners choice " app was to die for and our steak entrees perfectly prepared! The gentleman who cleared and offered us the table turned out to be the executive chef! We had a great time and will return. Thank you !

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I ate at Azorean Restaurant while on a mini getaway in Gloucester. We shared a Greek Salad and we both ordered the baked stuffed haddock with a lemon sauce and this was definitely the right choice. Oh, I must mention the bread and olive oil that was delivered to the table upon our arrival......I loved it so much I bought two bottles of this Portuguese olive oil to take home......We purchased a bottle of wine and brought the remainder back to our room with us. The service was excellent and our bill came to $99 before tip (and this included my 2 - 1 litre bottles of olive oil). The atmosphere is very comfortable. I consider myself a bit of a "foodie" and we had booked dinner at Duckworth Bistrot for the following evening as it was shown as the #1 restaurant on Trip Advisor......I would definitely put Azorean above Duckworth Bistrot!! This was a memorable meal....

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I came across this restaurant on a recent trip to New England. Having visited the Azores (and loved it!) I couldn't wait to go in.

We enjoyed everything about it, amazing menu, great food, beautiful restaurant, warm atmospher, very reasonably priced.

Wine and beer selection is good. Actually had draft Guiness which was superb and was not expecting to find.

The service was excellent and the young lady who took care of us was delightful, very fun and friendly, with time to chat with us. She had a pretty Italian name which slips my memory right now.

We sat outside because it was Sat night and very busy, next time I would like to sit inside to enjoy the decor.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Modern decor, very good service, and specialty dishes that are excellent. Good draft beers and wine selection.

2  Thank TreborRemag
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Enjoyed the "Hawaiian Baked Haddock". Amazing blend of tiny bites of pineapple, mild Azorean cheese, crumbs baked atop a melt-in-your mouth big piece of fresh haddock in a casserole dish. When my dinner partner spilled his wine our server cleaned up the mess and replaced the spilled wine with a smile. Our wine came in large glasses, vegetables cooked perfectly. Crusty sliced bread served with olive oil ans spices. Yum!

1  Thank Boat_Gypsy