“Awesome Atmosphere and Food”

Azorean Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #7 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Best atmosphere of any restaurant in Gloucester! The food is terrific with a touch of Portuguese. I had a special which was Lobster Rissoto and very well made...tasty. My spouse had stuffed shrimp with beef tourino (sp?)...talk about delicious!!! He also had a marinated strawberry & ice cream dessert and I had coconut pineapple chocolate crusted cake...wonderful! Make sure to make a reservation. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This restaurant was recommended and a wonder experience. Decorated with blue tiles and Portuguese decorations, the food is wonderful. Everone in our party had a different meal and all raved about their meal. We all agreed that we must go back to try another dish. One in the party had food allergies and the staff was most attentive to her needs. Excellent evening!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I had an early dinner here today, the restaurant is adorable.....really piqued my interest to visit the Azores. We started with a bowl of Portuguese Kale soup that was good but served warm, really not very hot. We also shared a carafe of Red Sangria that was delicious but you'd be better off ordering it by the glass as it was so full of ice. I had the Portuguese Haddock and it was delicious and piping hot but the Punch Potatoes again were barely warm. My husband had the Paella and it was good, it had plenty of shrimp, a few little necks, mussels, a piece of boneless chicken and saffron rice. We had a lovely time together, our server was nice, the bread and dipping oil was yummy and the restaurant is so cute. I've been dying to try the Azorean but I've had much better Portuguese food in Fall River.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we arrived, we expected to see a more rustic setting and it was quite the opposite. The restaurant was clean, atmosphere was inviting and the staff very accommodating. We ordered some tapas to start along with the kale soup and some sangria's. The menu was expansive and authentic. I had the Portuguese Haddock, my friends had the Shrimp Mozambique and Grilled Cod Fish...all outstanding. We especially enjoyed the Pasteis De Bacalhau. Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience and would definitely return here.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Yes, BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN interior. The kale soupa was perfectly perfect. The food was plated beautifully and had great flavor. We would have traveled from Boston just to dine here because it was so good (did not have to do that though as we were on our way to Newburyport) If you love Portuguese cuisine this is a place not to be missed. Whoever put this restaurant together did so with thought given to every small detail (the music was also perfect !) Loved every minute of our dining experience there. Now have to find a restaurant this good in Fresno, California!