“Good food, so-so service”
Review of Sugar Magnolias

Sugar Magnolias
Ranked #6 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food here is not 5 star, but it is quick, simple and delicious for a quick lunch time stop. Try the fish tacos if you are really hungry. The service could be better, I've been there several times where the waitresses seemed a little moody, but the food makes up for it. Also, if you are from out of town be wary that they will not serve you alcohol if you only have a passport, they claim you need to present a passport + another ID.. Never experienced that before, not at any of the other places in Gloucester either! All in all a good experience and recommendable place.

1  Thank mlj87

Reviewed November 1, 2012

First visit to Gloucester & swung in to Sugar Magnolia's as we were walking around. The ambience was obvious from the outside and the food phenomenal. Don't miss out on this treasure!

1  Thank Seattlegrrl1
Reviewed October 28, 2012

A lot easier to get in on weekdays (closed Monday), off-season weekends. It's a thoroughly "gentrified" breakfast/brunch/lunch place, in contrast to Two Sisters or the Red Skiff in Rockport - but not much more expensive. Portions are fairly generous, tasty, ungreasy - the pancakes are excellent, fruit is fresh. Service good once you're seated. If the wait is too long, there are other places up the street. For lunch, I'd recommend Passports next door.

1  Thank Seeitgo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was in Gloucester and decided to check this place out because I had heard such great things. We did have to wait about 35 mins for a table for 4. It is right in down town Gloucester so we walked around a little bit while we waited. We were careful to make it back long before we were told because I had heard that a lot of the time the wait it less then they quote you and if you are not there they will give up your table.

Service was great, everyone was friendly and they have coffee available while you wait.

I ordered an omelet the "Goatie." My only complaint was that the cheese and veggies were not mixed well into the omelet. Everyone else I was with loved their food.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Sugar Magnolias is very special for breakfast or brunch.
The menu and service are excellent.
A lot of choices - some unique.
It can get very crowded - especially on weekends, so you may have to wait in line.

3  Thank riny