“Nice lunch before our whale watch...”

Captain Carlo's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 139 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“Nice lunch before our whale watch...”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Visited this restaurant on July 27, 2013...
We are a couple in our 60's and also had our 11 year old granddaughter with us...We were looking for a not too long process lunch as we were heading out on a whale watch. I mentioned this to the hostess and she and the waitress were very helpful making this happen...I had steamed clams, they were yummy...my husband had fish tacos and thought they were quite good as well...we loved the cole slaw...our little one had chicken tenders (her standard order) and she couldn't finish them but we took they out on the boat and she ate them all...
We thought this restaurant was lovely, we sat outside, just steps from the pier that we boarded our boat, under a nice shady umbrella. We were wishing we could have gone in for a drink when we returned from our trip as a nice band was playing outside but with our little one it wasn't the time...would visit here again...

• Visited July 2013

“It was one bad thing after another”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Made reservations for 615,arrived and was told that we had to wait at least 10 minutes for the table to be ready, they were waiting for another table to get up. We sat down and they took our drink orders, the lemon in our drink had mold on it which we didn't discover until after it was finished. We asked for sugar for the iced tea which took several minutes to arrive. Most of the food was good, the clas chowder and lobster bisque was good. The seafood casserole arrived with all scallops, no haddock (which was supposed to be in there)

East Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice location, didn't love the food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The calms strips had no taste, coleslaw wasn't good at all. My brother did like the fried shrimp and my Mom liked the backed stuffed shrimp. I wouldn't go back, was a little disappointed. Staff and place over all was nice as a hang out.

Visited July 2013
Putnam, Connecticut
“Great Seafood!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I took my father here for Father's Day after our trip whale watching. He wanted a lobster, etc. He loved the food there.

Only thing I don't recommend is getting the steak. It wasn't very favorable. Probably because it's a seafood place so I understand that.

A good atmosphere though!!

Illinois
“Good Time!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Wonderful outdoor seating with view. Food was very good. Everyone in our party was happy and full. Service was attentive.

Weird potpourri smell when you enter the restaurant but despite that I would definitely visit again!