“Live Here and Love It”
Review of Long Beach

Long Beach
Ranked #15 of 58 things to do in Gloucester
Reviewed April 16, 2014

For many years we have brought our children here and even rented a cottage on the beach. We eventually bought a summer home here a few minutes walk from the beach. Our children have grown and we have retired here in our summer cottage. This is a great beach for kids and families. Unfortunately the access to this beach can be difficult. Even though it is a public beach you can only access the back road if you have a cottage on the beach. There is a parking lot for residents and a parking lot on the Gloucester end for a price. If you think you would like to spend a day on the beach I would recommend that you arrive before ten to get a space at the Gloucester end parking lot. To find this lot you need to turn right just before the dairy maid on thatcher rd. and go to almost the end. Turn left at the sign for public parking. Once you park, if you don't mind walking go to the middle of the beach and you will feel like you are on your own private beach, as both ends are crowded, but the middle is practically empty! Enjoy!

7  Thank Rockport4

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

It was of the most beautiful beach I've ever seen, the sea was great, the beach is really long the sand is white and the water is transparent! I went there at 8 o'clock in the morning and I have been in that amazing 2 hours completely alone!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I grew up vacationing on this beach when there was a Chicataba Inn (sp?), and I brought my family there last summer. My children and wife loved it. It is a great beach to walk, play in the sand and swim. The water is a bit cold but this is the North Shore folks and the sand is not rocky at all. Awesome beach, not touristy or too crowded. Beautiful sunrises and a nice view of the the twin lights ... a real find.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

You must go at low tide and enjoy the beach. It is incredible! Gloucester has few really nice beaches, yes the water is cold, but it is New England!

3  Thank Guest654321
Reviewed September 18, 2013

beautiful, unspoiled, and very serene place to walk - we happened upon quite a bit of sea glass which was wonderful to collect and were pleasantly surprised to see cairns on the rocks at the end of the beach.